Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally posted by MomTo1
you write"At this point, I have no respect for the decision, since I believe it is probably one of the MOST cowardly deeds ever committed, then "proclaimed" to be "out of love". How can she "love" me enough to abandon me?"""...
I don't know how you came to the conclusion that you were abandoned, unless you were truly left in an alley or some place else, most times those words really do not apply.
In my daughters case. She was never abandoned. She was "placed" for one loving arms to another. The only reason being is her birthmother could not give her the kind of life she wanted to. That is not abandoning someone. That is placing them with someone who can give them everything they want.
It is the hardest decision some woman will ever make. To put the child before their own wants and desires. To give their children a chance for a better life.
I know alot of children that were not adopted and are still mixed up and confused about a number of things. I think we place way to much attention on adoption as a scapegoat for things that do not go right.
To clarify a few things, I am writing again. How I come to my conclusions is by two things: I was abandoned by my amom because of her husband. The story is this;
My bmom was married to a military man (not my bdad). They are both caucasion. She at some point had an affair with an african american man (my bdad). When I was born, I had blonde hair and blue eyes, so she assumed I was her husbands child. Within two years, my features had changed, I began to look "different" from their other children, and her husband proclaimed to her "Either She Goes, Or I Go.....", so I went. She abandoned me in order to keep her husband.
On the other hand, my three aboys were also abandoned (for the third time) by their bmom, who simply brought them to my house (friends of my two b-boys from school) and left. She has been an adict for years.
It doesn't matter how many different "words" people call adoption to "justify" the act of abandonment. The actual definition of abandoned (websters dictionary) is: to give up with the intent of never again claiming right or interest in;
That is exactly what adoption is in every way.
My love for my children, for all children in fact is what I live for....for their sakes, because they don't deserve to ever be left abandoned by anyone.
I am 34 years old, I have a college education, and I an in the entertainment industry. I have a deep desire and passion to "stir up" true feelings in myself as well as others...it is not meant to be offensive in any way.
God Bless You All!
DY