Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally posted by debsdone
I doubt that anyone here will tell you not to voice your truth. the matter I brought up was WHERE it is appropriate to voice your truth. When a person insists on "voicing" their truth in a manner that inflicts pain on innocents, their "truth" becomes abuse. To be abusive in the name of truth is a terrible thing.
You say you have this emptiness, and your "truth" is a bitter one. As a person's "truth" can be altered with love, learning and healing, perhaps the connection between the two aspects of a life can be revealed. Only you have the ability to fill the "emptiness" And also for your children. This "truth" you speak of will never allow any healing. But the choice is obviously yours.
If being polite is offensive to you, I suppose that is your right. But you won't get much help here because eventually your posts that contain insults will be removed. You can decide if that will be yet another "truth" to feel violated by, or understand that it was a choice you made. Unfortunately, I don't think we have yet dealt with any "real" issues. Some "truths" only seem to act as a barrier to any actual communication. Debi
It seems you are offended by my feeling of truth. I have not intended to insult you, or anyone else with that truth. I have not been impolite in my words, only forward. And "LOVE" is all that matters to me......that is why I ache so much from the thought of ANY child being left behind for ANY reason. I can not judge you for YOUR feeling against my own. I can not condemn you for your own feelings about the issue. It is "real" because you speak to me from the heart, the same as I do. If you have read all of my posts, then you would see I am in no way attempting to offend, only to state the facts of MY life. I am not attempting to claim EVERY circumstance leading up to an adoption as a horrible act...I am simply trying to get "real" reactions to "real" feeling within myself and others. If you believe this forum is not useful in doing so, I apologise to you deeply. But trying to cover up, mask, hide, or pretend that this has not actually happened (not only to me)would be insincere. I don't know what else to call it....so please, suggest to me another way to phrase what I am trying to say, and I will do so, so as not to offend you or anyone else.
I must admit though, THIS is exactly what I needed...to hear an honest opinion, and I appreciate that so much! I am trying desperately to find a "positive" outlook on the matter. Perhaps you can assist me with one. If I didn't say it....You would not have responded to what I actually feel. I don't know any other way to express myself, except to tell the truth. And everything I have said has been my truth, that's all....it does not apply to every circumstance. Please don't give up on me just yet.....It is not my intention to hurt anyone.