Ok well many people may or may not know that the
Texas Vital statistics web page housed birth records
from 1950 - at least 1995 well they decided to yank them
I guess because someone found their birth parents or
birthparents found their kids... so anyway.. I figured out
where they were still hidden away one some geneology
web sites.. such as here
Use the google search engine and go to rootsweb
These are in self extracting archives such as Birth69.exe which will extract a text named for example BIRTH69.txt now what these contain is the births of every child in the State of Texas for that year.
The listings are in this format:
LastName FirstName MiddleName DOB Sex CountyOfBirth
Its pretty easy to figure out... Now the people I would guess that
this would be most useful for is birth parents or siblings searching for a brother/sister halfbrother/halfsister.
If you know the county and birthdate you should really be able to narrow down your search.
If anyone cant get their hands on these files for some reason and would like to host a site where these can be stored for the future let me know soon and I will send them to you. Please dont be lazy and email me for the files because you dont want to download them from the site yourself I dont need the junk mail : )
But if you cant get to them feel free to email me.
Look here and go through FTP Directory on the state your interested in to find the records. It may take a little looking around but they are there. Posted this because I got several
emails asking about birth records for other states.
Russ Thompson
Stop Texas Governments identity theft! OPEN RECORDS AT 18!
Advertisements
mcm2
I emailed it to you. Good luck with your search!
Thanks for the help.
I would like to know about the EXE file on the rootsweb. I have been there many times now and get the same file not found and you do not have permission to view. Someone said somethig about hosting the info. Is there another web site that is hosting the info...
Can you still do this? All I have is a place,date, and a what is sure to be a fake name, for him and his adoptive parents. My son was born in 96, so he isnt of age yet, but I just want to know that he is fine, was suppose to be an open adoption thru Edna gladney in dallas, thanks!
Advertisements
Boodlesforou
Any idea how long it takes to go through a book in Austin? I'm assuming El Paso County is fairly large.
The last names of these baby boys in this EXE file should match their mother's name in the Austin books.
The one that does not match any on my list should be the name I'm looking for, it's just a matter of elimination. Provided he was the only boy on the list who was adopted out.
Could I do this in a day? Do they allow anyone to look at these books? I would be coming from out of state to do this. I would like to have a general idea of what to expect. Can you look at this book for free? Are there tables for sitting as you look through them? Do you have to give a reason why your looking?
I do not have my brother's BC#, but I would think name elimination would bring it down to 1 or 2 possibilities.
Thanks to anyone who has been to Austin and can give me advice on this....
Smiles,
T.:drive:
These are very good questions, and would love to know the answers to them.:thanks:
Advertisements
Texas Department of Vital Records removed the birth indexes from the internet and it's no longer available.
You can try this site for Texas however you will only find the child's name and the adoptive parents' name. Please let me know if this helps.
Sincerely,
Argentina
[url]https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1949342[/url]
argentina
You can try this site for Texas however you will only find the child's name and the adoptive parents' name. Please let me know if this helps.
Sincerely,
Argentina
[url]https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1949342[/url]
This will do. I was wanting to help some people find out something about their b-family. I have a subscription pending for David Gray's site. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. :flower:
Advertisements
I heard David had a stroke about 3 weeks ago. I am not sure he is able to get online. Do not know if anyone will be helping him and don't know if he is able to do this anymore.