Advertisements
Advertisements
I keep reading that Catholic Charties had a knack for changing birth dates with the children they handled. Does anyone know if the Angel Guardian Home did this also?:confused:
I have received non-identifying information and the birthdate is the same as what I have. Should I believe it? Does anyone know when the adoption records in the state of New York will become public or open.
Thanks
Jacquie;)
I was also adopted throught Angel Guardian Home but have not yet received my non identifing information. I am not sure but, the Angel Guardian Home is somehow linked to Catholic Charities and I also have been told that it quite common for our DOB to be different thatn we know it to be. I am interested to se if anyone else has information regarding this. Good luck in your search.
Advertisements
Hi Gina,
Thanks for the information. It makes me feel alot better that when searching I am using the proper DOB. I was also wondering if you would possibly help me in my search. How did you become a volunteer searcher? It is really comforting to know that their are volunteers out there helping people to find Birth families. If you can possibly help me please contact me .
Thanks
Happy Easter :)
Thank you for the information on birthdates:)
I was hoping that the information given to me was correct. How do I get a copy of non-identifying information from the AGH since they had sent me infor about 10-11 years ago. I have since lost the infor they sent. Thanks again for your help!!
Jacquie
JWhittle@angleboard.com
Hi Jackie,
To recieve non-identifing information you can write to the county in which you were adopted. It is usually through Social Services. You include you DOB, place of birth and date of adoption if available. It takes many months as they are usually inundated with requests. The non-identifing information is not really a great help with your search. it will provide you with medical information on biological parents when you were adopted. The problem is that if you were born to very young parents the medical information is usually current. At such a young age the biological parents have not yet experienced many health problems. Good luck to you.
I was adopted from Angel Guardian in Canada and was told that the home was closed. Does anyone know who would have my records. I am currently in the process of writting my letter for my Non Identify info.
Advertisements
I believe Pattie wanted to know if the AGH changed the birth dates on the adoption papers, from what I have found out they didnt.
Jacquie
Advertisements
I'm sure the birthdate is correct. I adopted my son through Angel Guardian and they didn't change the dob. Call them every so often and ask a different question. You might get lucky. It depends on who you talk to. Also, if you were born in NYC you can go to a library in NYC and get the master birth list. You just match up the numbers on the birth certificate to the one in the book and it'll give you the full name of the adoptee.
Hi Teresa,
Thanks for the information!! I do have my birth name, but I wasnt sure about the birth date. I was born in Long Beach Long Island so I don't know where I would be able to find a record of marriage (my natural parents were married) they divorced I assume when birthmother was pregnant with me.
Thanks again,
Jacquie
When was the last time you got a letter from Angel Guardian. I would call them again and try to keep a conversation going on how you really want to find you birthparents. Ask a few questions she would have to look up and see how she reacts. I was lucky. Got everything I needed. It's luck though. Hopefully your last name is an odd name so you can put it in a search inquiry and come up with a limited amount of people. I'd then write letters to all the people.
My great grandmother was a foster parent for Angel Guardian somewhere between 1899-1957.. her name was Victoria Bellew or Victoria Kessel.. she had a sister by the name of Amy...If anyone remembers her.. please contact me..
thanks
Advertisements
Is Angel Guardian still open in NY? Trying to help my brother find his birthfamily. Our mother had told me he was from Angel Guardian. I too was adopted but found my biological family and enjoy a nice relationship with them. His birthdate is May 9, 1957, as we have always known it. We were raised in Westbury NY.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.