Advertisements
Advertisements
HI,
My name is Kirk. I am looking for my birth parents. I don't know whether I want to reunite or not, but I DO want genetic / medical information. I have a condition called cavernous haemangioma. It is a congenital disorder, so my birth family may be interested in this info also. My wife and I, also, want to have a child, and are interested for that reason also. All that I know is that I was born on april 12th, 1970 in Indianapolis, Indiana and adopted within a week or so of my birth. I was adopted through St. Elizabeth's in Indy. If anyone has any info, please contact me. I will respect any limits that you set.
Thanks,
Kirk
Do you know what your birth name was? I have an uncle that was killed in February 1970 and his wife put the child up for adoption in Indianapolis.
Advertisements
Unfortunatly, I have no idea what my birth name was. All I know is that I was adopted from St Elizabeth's Home when I was about a week old.
Fireman,
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Hoosier adoptee! :)
Below, you will find some Indiana resources posted here at the forum by the Search Guru. She is a wealth of information!
I, personally, filed for the mutual consent registry and for non-identifying information back in 1994. In October of last year, I filed for the Confidential Intermediary Program and was immediately granted an intermediary. She located my birthmom in January of this year, but unfortunatly, she wasn't receptive to contact. My point would be, tho, it works, if you get to the point that you would like to follow that particular path.
Let me know if I can be of any help! I am still in Indiana, and work in Indianapolis, so if there is anything I can do, please let me know!
Hugs,
Sally
If you know what adoption agency handled your adoption contact them for information from your adoption file that will help you with your search. If you were a private adoption or do not know the name of the adoption agency contact this office:
Indiana Division of Family and Children
402 Washington Street, Room W-364
Indianapolis, IN 46201
(317) 232-4769
Fax: (317) 232-4436
World Wide Web: [url]http://www.state.in.us/fssa/adoption[/url]
E-mail: ningle@fssa.state.in.us
INFORMATION THAT IS AVAILABLE IN YOUR STATE:
Non-identifying informationӔ is information from your adoption file about your birth parents. It generally includes ages, marital status, states of birth, education, religion, occupations and a physical description of your birth parents. It should also include the reason for relinquishment and may include information about your aunts, uncles and grandparents. It is called non-identifying informationӔ because it does not include any identifying information such as names, addresses or social security numbers. If you already have your non-identifying information but it is information given to your adoptive parents at the time of your adoption you should re-apply for the non-identifying information. Agencies are giving out much more comprehensive information now that they did in the past.
Mutual Consent RegistryӔ is a registry where adoptees and birth parents can register the adoption information. If both parties register normally the agency responsible for the registry will notify both parties that consent has been given to contact each other. The Mutual Consent Registry can be used by adoptees, birth parents, adoptive parents, relatives of deceased adoptees and relatives of deceased birth parents. Contact this office for more information:
Indiana Adoption History Registry
Indiana State Department of Health, Vital Statistics
2 North Meridian Street, Section B-4
Indianapolis, IN 46206-1964
(317) 233-7523
Kirk,
I believe I am your half sister. Our mother has been wanting to find you and make contact. I would love to meet you as well.
Your birth mother would like to share medical history with you as well. I don't know of anyone on this side of your birth family that has the condition you mentioned, but there is certainly other medical history you might like to have.
I realize this post is over 10 years old, but it's the only thing I've found that I think might be "you".
Message back here if you see this please.
Jen