Advertisements
Advertisements
It’s wise to be aware that several types of scams are on ALL adoption message boards on the internet:
Many people have been scammed by someone pretending to be the relinquished child or birthmother. Click on this link for more information:
[url]http://forums.adoption.com/t98290,15,1.html[/url]
Also:
[url]http://forums.adoption.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=521671#post521671[/url]
These scammers change their user names and email addresses frequently so be aware of any suspicious contact.
Scammers will also contact you pretending to be free search angel when they are not. Or they will say "contact ....who did my search". Generally they are recommending themselves as a "fee for service" searcher.
It is not wise to post your non-identifying information on a public message board. If you are contacted by someone who might be your birth relative you will want to ask questions that relate to the information in your non-identifying report.
For ease in others reading these many messages it would help to post as a “new thread” and to include the following information in the subject line PLUS in the content of the message:
gender of adopted person
date of birth
city of birth
state of birth
For example: male 01/01/1960 Chicago Illinois
Other people reading the message board will be more likely to identify with this basic information and will be more likely to read your complete message and contact you if there is a match.
Also post in the message boards for the year of birth and state of birth for the best exposure for your search information.
Other great websites to check out:
[url=http://www.adoptionchat.com]Adoption.com Forums[/url]
[url=http://www.adoption.com]Adoption.com - Information on International, Domestic, Child & Agency Adoptions, Stories, Laws -[/url]
[url=http://www.adopting.org]Adopting - Adopt a Baby, Child, Infants, Kids, Older, Services, International, Information China -[/url]
[url=http://registry.adoption.com/]Adoption Registry - Records, Reunion Registries, Adoptees, Search Reunite[/url]
I did put some identifying information in a post .. How can I change it? Thank you for your help...LKG
Advertisements
I was contacted by a woman in Texas whom declared she would do a search for $125 and guaranteed names of birthmothers. Well, I wondered...and took a chance. I got scammed. I think she made the names up. She contacted me through this forum. This happened more than a year ago. Since then I have been told by several people that if "Jane Doe" was the person whom did the search, that she also had scammed many others, too.
Beware of a Texas woman, whom claims to pay a clerk in Austin, for birthmother's names!!!!
AdoptiveMom,
If you havent been asked already, will you please send me the name of the person who contacted you on this site, via PM.
Thank you
yes..I will tell the woman's name. I understand she has scammed many. Her email address is now invalid and I cannot contact her.
I to was contacted by a woman here in texas just the other day that said if i would send her a money order for 25$ she would do a search for me and guaranteed me results,, i was sceptical in doing so , i deleted the message ,, i will see if i can find it,, because it has her name and address on it
Advertisements
Folks,
I dont need their real name...what I need is the name they used here on the forums.
Please PM me the names that were used on the forum!
Thanks ;)
Brandy,
I am sorry but i have deleted her message from my computer,, It scared me when she asked for money,, for one because i dont have money the other bedause i had read in the forum that no search angel would ask for money,, I am sorry i cant help you more,,
In the future, if ANYONE PM's asking for money, please let me know.
Do you recall what her name started with? Anything about the name at all?
Did you get an email notification when you got the PM? If so, do you still have it? Maybe in your deleted items?
These people who violate the Terms of Service need to be reported to admin, me or Colleen (Thesearchguru) as soon as possible!
I just recieved e-mail from a Lawyer, James Barry claiming to be the lawyer that handle my adoption. I this a scam?
Advertisements
YES, be very careful when someone asks you for money. But PLEASE know that there actually are people, like me, who really want to help in your search FREE of charge! Never a penny exchanges hands. I am a Texas Licensed Private Investigator with the experience, skills and information that takes many searchers YEARS to achieve if ever. I know that there are bad people out there who want to scam you and take your money but many times the fear of this causes people not to accept my FREE help. There have been many occasions that I have perused the registries and found the "missing" person in minutes! Yet when I contact the poster, even sometimes including all the information, I never hear a word back from them so I don't even know if they got it. I was born to solve these puzzles and I genuinely am a very good person who wants to use my gift to reunite people. I have never asked for any compensation. This is such a delicate thing and people are already afraid of being vulnerable but I don't want to know that people refused my help because of a bunch of bad apples. The reason I even got into this field was because of my search for my husbands bio parents long before the internet. If it wasn't for an "angel" in Austin who I just happened to run into at the library, it might have taken me 10 more years but I was able to make the connections that led me to his birth mom by THAT night! Now I want to pay it forward. So please, if you have the name of the person that you are looking for ACCEPT my help because I can typically do a locate w/a name (even if it is maiden name) in less than 24 hours! Even without a name I have many many success stories. The only compensation I ever ask for is to hear your story and make a friend! Thanks for allowing me to post.
Stacy
There are few foreigners who got scammed in china.I would suggest to be alert when going to this place.
Hey everyone, since my publication of ads for work I have been requested for several shady deals here in thebeijinger. SO i want to post this out for =eople to beware scammers out there.
Anyways, from the start this guy sounded a bit strange, but I just assumed his =nglish wasn't very good so he couldn't communicate well. Here's the =tory:
I just recently posted an ad on here looking for work and got a call from = "professor" of ligong da xue telling me they have some sort =eeting and they want foreigners there, and because I was looking for part-time =ork as an actor this would be good. (which means to me they are looking for =ctors?)
First he said he worked for the university, then he said that the meeting is =or the Olympics and put up by the Olympics. And I would have to be on for 5 =inutes talking about the olympics and beijing. Now i'm a bit confused in how the olympics has anything to do with =igong daxue, or acting, but I continue listening and asking for more =etails.
And he said there will be many companies and businesses there. So i ask =quot;is this setup by the Inernational Olympic Committee, or the China Olympic Committee? Of which he says that the meeting is put up by many =ompanies.
So i ask, who is putting this meeting up exactly? Of which he now replies =enovo. (hmm... confusion level rising)
Now i'm thinking How does Lenovo, the olympics, acting, their school and I =ave anything in common?
He's obviously beating around the bush on something. Most calls that are for =egit work call and tell me right away where they work, what they are doing, =hat they need and the pay. This guy was just not being clear about anything. =ut anyways, i passed it on to a chinese speaker so he could speak to them =n Chinese.
Then he tried explaining, in Chinese, while my friend got all the details and =hen the guy somehow just got either a)upset or b) really nervous as to =iguring out his scam. So he cut the conversation off while insulting =s.
When I called him back to tell him to speak to foreigners more directly so we =an understand and not say things that aren't, he started yelling and =nsulting me in Chinese with very advanced language such as: F*#$ your Mother... etc =tc.
Now, i've never heard any professor here in China using such language =o that immediately told me something was up.
Anwyays, now I keep getting harrassing calls from him, telling me he has my phone =umber and that i should be scared. (scared of what? I don't know. I can get a =ew phone number just as easy as i got this one lol)
But seriously. Guys, beware of anyone calling saying they're from ligong =axue.
StaycieLouWho
YES, be very careful when someone asks you for money. But PLEASE know that there actually are people, like me, who really want to help in your search FREE of charge! Never a penny exchanges hands. I am a Texas Licensed Private Investigator with the experience, skills and information that takes many searchers YEARS to achieve if ever. I know that there are bad people out there who want to scam you and take your money but many times the fear of this causes people not to accept my FREE help. There have been many occasions that I have perused the registries and found the "missing" person in minutes! Yet when I contact the poster, even sometimes including all the information, I never hear a word back from them so I don't even know if they got it. I was born to solve these puzzles and I genuinely am a very good person who wants to use my gift to reunite people. I have never asked for any compensation. This is such a delicate thing and people are already afraid of being vulnerable but I don't want to know that people refused my help because of a bunch of bad apples. The reason I even got into this field was because of my search for my husbands bio parents long before the internet. If it wasn't for an "angel" in Austin who I just happened to run into at the library, it might have taken me 10 more years but I was able to make the connections that led me to his birth mom by THAT night! Now I want to pay it forward. So please, if you have the name of the person that you are looking for ACCEPT my help because I can typically do a locate w/a name (even if it is maiden name) in less than 24 hours! Even without a name I have many many success stories. The only compensation I ever ask for is to hear your story and make a friend! Thanks for allowing me to post.
Stacy
HI Can you Pm me, I have somone who is contacted me about a friends adoption and I want to make sure they are real. So far no money has been asked for. thank you in advance
oops sorry it seems I cannot pm on here but I would like to send you the information so I know tis person is who they say they are
Advertisements