Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
To reply to many of you,
My husband is Filipino, and we will go pick up our new little daughter in a few weeks. There are strict laws the Philippine government goes by, and they do not budge. You absolutely have to go through an adoption agency. We checked them all out
The average wait is 1 1/2 years, but since my husband is filipino, our wait from beginning to end is just barely under 1 year. Yes, you can get babies from 6 months and older. And even though they say there are more boys available, there are tons of girls too! We are in contact with the orphanage we are adopting from, because it is the same orphanage my husband was adopted from, and out of their 150 children they have there right now only about 30 or 40 are boys. We have sent "Santa" in for the last 2 Christmas's and we have also raised money to send for anything they needed at that time. We are starting up an organization called "The Philippine Orphanage Fund" foundation, and we hope to be able to continuously give aid to the orphanages there. As soon as our adoption is done, we will start the paperwork to become a 501c3 not for profit organization. If anyone wants to see a little of what we've done so far, or read my husbands adoption story you are welcome to visit our website - although it isn't completely done - at [url]http://orphanage_fund.tripod.com.[/url] Good luck to all, and I would love to answer any questions anyone might have. We've learn a lot, and have even been in direct contact with the directors of ICAB, and have been invited to share our story with them at the global conference in Aug. or Oct. 2005.