Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Radiodoll,
I took your advice and called Rosalee. You are right, she is a nice understanding lady and tries to be as helpful as possible.
I did not get any really new information, however, except for what I already got by way of CC in KC. I did get clarification on the number of sisters my bmom had but that is about it. I cannot get to my original unaltered birth certificate with out a court order..and that is held in Jefferson City I believe.
The state of MO is one really tightly closed state. It still irks me that as nice as the people are at the other end of the phone, as understanding as they are, and this is not their fault, but it irks me that they can see information about us that we can never know...when what most of us might be content with is just the history of what happened...we are apart of a story we are not even entitled to know..a character in a book that is treated like a non character....a footnote..a fly that was swatted. So the bmom knows the whole tale, the agency knows, the state knows and we can't....somehow that is not a just deal. I know none of us want to cause problems for a birth family and Lord knows we don't want them causing us troubles either which could happen. But we do want information and history so we can feel like we have a place in the world and are not taking up space and air that belongs only to the" ligitimate" members of the human species.
All this said..if people are searching in MO and you know the agency from which the adotion took place, and if it is still there, that is a good place to start. If not, Rosalee's office is a good jumping off place because she could most likely give you the location or no. where to begin.
Good luck all.. I think I am at the end of the line...knowing very very little.
Oh, one thing Rosalee did say was that with some of the cases of years ago, sometimes there was very little effort made to find out any information at all about the mom or dad or background and as little as mine has it is more that many have... Also I asked about the last name...and to be sure..because of the way histories were taken then some names may be the real last names and others not...makes things more complicated.
Social information and background is collected at the time and followup information is almost never provided, the bmoms just don't come back to the issue...for them when the papers are signed the whole thing is finished. :(
I wish I were able to say I am looking forward to somemore information or something anything but it looks pretty grim from here..really a disappointment...kinda hopeless. Guess I'll just have to learn to be content with the tiny bit I have and it isn't much at all.:(