Wow, it has been quite a while since we have posted anything here. 2020 has been one of those years! With Christmas just a week away we hope that everyone is safe and healthy. I'm not sure I have the time or the energy to run down what a year this has been, but I will do my best to hit some of the highlights - at least since our last post back in March.
- Both Natalee and Christian finished out the 2019-2020 school year online (8th and 11th grades respectively) - remote learning is fun, isn't it?! :-)
- Most of Natalee's volleyball season was cancelled due to COVID :-(
- Christian's birthday!!!
- Christian was in a minor car accident - although, how the car ended up going through a barbed wire fence down into a dry creek bed remains a bit of a mystery! He was unharmed btw :-)
- Christian's last season of Summer ball (pre-graduation) went off without a hitch. We will never tire of watching him play! :-)
- Summer family trip to Colorado!!! :-)
- Natalee's birthday!!!
- Natalee did not make the freshman volleyball team :-(
- She did make a new club team! :-)
- Christian decided that since the marching band would not be performing during football games, nor would they be in any competitions, he would no longer be a member :-(
- Schools started remotely for the first few weeks, but after that our freshman and senior were finally able to go on campus and see their friends, you know, in real life (or IRL as I'm told how the young people say it, haha) :-)
- Christian got his first job!!!! :-)
- Natalee got a boyfriend :-(
- They broke up :-)
- Kyle's birthday!!!
- Halloween was kind of a bummer this year (obviously). I believe we ended up only having 5 trick or treaters. So much leftover candy for Kyle and Christian :-)
- Thanksgiving was just not the same. We were able to have lunch with Brooke's parents, but we did not get to see anyone else. Even watching football without my dad on Thanksgiving just does not feel right. Next year has to be better!
- Brooke's dad's retirement event - once again, COVID really did a number on it. There were originally supposed to be ~2,500 people attending (nuts, I know), but with capacity restrictions and no one wanting to catch/pass the virus, most people ended up streaming it. Brooke did give about a 10 minute speech, which I must say was pretty incredible. I don't get to see her public speaking very often; she should do it more :-)
- Brooke's birthday!!!
- One week before Christmas...
So that about brings us up to date. What a wild, crazy, whirlwind of a year! Look at all of the :-) and :-( All of this to say, I, we, truly hope everyone has a wonderful and amazing Christmas/Holiday Season! I promise, we will absolutely do more posting in 2021! Wow, that's so weird to say... 2021. Oh well, it's two weeks away!