Hi, I’m Katherine! I am so thrilled that you are taking the time to get to know me and David. The first thing to know about me as an individual is that I am a Kindergarten teacher who is incredibly passionate about her students and her job. All the clichés about “ah ha” moments and how a hug can fix everything are true to how I feel about teaching. There is something so rewarding about the experiences I’ve had in my classroom, and I look forward to a long career in education. Aside from my job, I have a lingering passion for music and dance. I was very active in choir and theatre in high school, and my original college major was Musical Theatre. While my career path changed and I graduated with a degree in Early Childhood Education, I still got my dance and music minors and always find ways to bring them into my life. From choreographing high school musicals to listening to old vinyl records on a winter day, music and performing arts will always be an important part of who I am. Teaching and music are integral parts of what I do and enjoy, but I also want you to get a sense of who I am. I am a wife, daughter, and sister who puts immense value on family connection. I am an optimist who always tries to see the good in people or a difficult situation. I am a caretaker who gives my all to showing love to the people in my life. I cuddle with the dogs after a long day, and I love that they return the favor. I sing loudly in the car and dance around our living room when no one is watching - and sometimes when they are! I take the commitments in my life very seriously, but never take myself too seriously. And most of all, I try to appreciate the good in each day.
- Age: 33
- Age: 33
Preferences for a child
- Newborn to 1 year of age, 1 to 3 years of age
- Open to discussion
Post Adoption Contact / Level of Openness
- (open to all contact, phone calls, an in person visit before adoption placement, sharing photos and letters after placement, visits at a neutral location after adoption placement etc)
- (open to an in-person visit before adoption placement, phone, email, sharing pic/letters after placement)
- If you want a more closed adoption, we would honor that request as well.
- * A Caseworker to work with you throughout your pregnancy
- * Counseling
- * Medical Care
- * Maternity-related financial support
- * Legal services
- * Lifelong support through a Post Adoption team.