Jess is a couples and family therapist
She's had years of training in child development and child psychology
She has a PhD and is "Dr. Mom"!
Fun Facts About Jess:
Jessica loves succulent plants
Jessica is an animal lover and has rescued, rehabilitated, and adopted-out 5 dogs with Peter’s help
Jessica is a certified U.S.
We plan to foster the values of respect, dignity, social justice, and the value of all people in our children.
Rowing coach and a rower
Jessica has a very beautiful singing voice
Peter was in the Navy for 7 years and deployed 5 times all over the world
Peter earned his MBA after the Navy and works in Banking
Fun Facts About Peter:
Peter visited over 30 countries and 5 of 7 continents while he was in the Navy
Peter's first job was working at a gas station
Peter was on the sailing team at his college
Peter is known among our friends for his talent in bringing people together
Gigi is our beautiful two-year old daughter. She is smart, sweet, and funny. Her favorite things to do include reading books, riding on her scooter, cooking at her play kitchen, playing with her dog brother Oli and making artwork. She has recently started asking for a brother or sister pretty regularly, and likes to go through the list of all the toys and activities she wants to play with her future sibling.
Fun Facts About Gigi
- Gigi's first word was "Oli" when she was 5 months old
- She attends a school with indoor and outdoor playgrounds, yoga, gym, music, art, and swim classes
- She likes to help with the cooking and baking at our house - she is very good at measuring ingredients!
- Gigi's favorite animal is a horse
- Her favorite songs are "We're on our way to grandpa's farm!" and "Ba Ba Black Sheep!"
Oliver is our 12 year old lab/shepherd mix. We adopted him from the Humane Society in Florida when he was four months old. Since then, Oliver has been by our side wherever we go. He's lived on two continents, and traveled all over the U.S. and Italy. He is always ready to get in the car and go with us wherever our next destination is! His favorite toys are tennis balls, frisbees, and squeeky toys. Oliver has many friends and enjoys being social. Oliver took to Gigi instantly when we brought her home and the two are inseparable! He is very sweet and gentle with her, letting her hug, pet, kiss, and even crawl on him.
1. Service to Others
- Peter joined the military to help keep people safe and help others in need
- Jessica became a counselor to help families in crisis heal and to help foster love and understanding
- We plan to foster the values of respect, dignity, social justice, and the value of all people in our children in part through volunteering and service to others in our community
- We love learning and believe that education is the door to opportunity and following one's dreams
- Providing the next generation with a very strong education is a value we hold and we look forward to giving our family the highest quality education that is best for each child. We have a number of excellent private schools available to us here, and a gifted and talented program in the public schools as well. Gigi currently attends the best preschool in the city, and has many opportunities to learn, among a very diverse group of peers and teachers from many ethnicities, races, and backgrounds.
- Whatever their interests and strengths, we will provide each of our children with every educational and learning opportunity available to develop and grow so that they can reach their dreams. For example, Gigi has shown an interest in music and dance in particular, and so in addition to the classes she receives at school, we spend half of our Saturday each week taking her to music class at our local university and dance at our local dance school.
- We grew up learning different languages, and this helps us meet and learn from people from all over the world, and gain diverse perspectives
- Peter speaks English, Japanese, and Italian and Jessica speaks English, Italian, and Spanish
- With us, your child will have the opportunity to learn these languages and others as we travel and explore the world together as a family. Gigi has already been to Italy, and knows a number of Italian words and phrases. We read books about different cultures, and try to expose to an understanding of our vast, diverse, wonderful world.
- Listening to music from many genres, cultures, and traditions fuels our imagination and creativity and helps us express ourselves
- We can't wait to sing, dance, and be in shows that your child imagines and creates!
- We love learning about new places, cultures, and people and making friends all over the world
- We have traveled the world to learn about other people and cultures and gain experience that gives us perspective on our own place in the world
- We can't wait to travel across the US and to other countries with our children and watch them learn while exploring their world
- At school and at home we listen to every kind of music genre as well as global music from other cultures. At school Gigi has guest musicians and we have taken Gigi to numerous types of concerts and performances.
Our family and friends are from all over these days; Texas, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Virginia, California, Ireland, and Spain to name a few! We try to make lots of time throughout the year to be with our loved ones because they bring so much joy to our life. For example, Peter's brothers live in CA, but we see them multiple times a year and FaceTime weekly or more. Jess's sister and brother in law live in Ireland and we see them several times a year and FaceTime weekly or more. Gigi calls members of her family to talk almost every night before bed. We have lots of opportunities for grandparents to spend time with Gigi at our house and theirs, and Gigi's cousin who is close in age to her lives in the same state and is often around for celebrations and special occasions. Our children will grow up surrounded by family and friends that love and care for them and make them feel like they are part of a wonderful, diverse, and dynamic family!