Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By William Ramirez
Last week I met with an attorney, and she told me that it would cost approximately $2,500.00 for me to adopt my two step children, who both have the same biological father, who by the way is willing to consent to the adoption. Does this process need to be that expensive?
Originally Posted By Allison Michaud
I've been told the same thing. My ex is willing to sign over my son to my husband who has raised him since age 1 (he's almost 12). Texas requires social worker visits and attorney's for all parties be paid for by the birth parent and the step-parent. With all the filing fees and that it comes out to about $2,500.
Advertisements
Originally Posted By kimberly
i would just like to know how much it will cost and how we go about doing it
Originally Posted By Naei
William,
My husband is in the process of adopting my daughter from a previous marriage and her biological father is consenting to the adoption. I find it just plain outrageous that it costs so much. The paperwork and attorney's time spent on a case that is uncontested is so easy and is just a matter of filing papers. We too live in TEXAS and were recently told that our daughter will be given a court appointed attorney (required by TEXAS) even though she is 14 and understands the consequences of the adoption and states that she wants the adoption to proceed. (She was abused by her birthfather) Still the state of TEXAS wants her to have her own attorney and my husband and I are required to pay 1,500 to please the courts.This is on top of our attorney fee and the court costs and filing fees. I understand your disgust. Good luck.
Originally Posted By minnie hamilton
i am asking how much should it cost for my stepfather to adopt me i am 18 and afelmale please replay fasy as u can minnie
Advertisements
i am asking how much should it cost for my stepfather to adopt me i am 18 and afelmale please replay fasy as u can minnie
Originally Posted By Kenzy
I am willing to give up my five year old daughter which by the way my ex-wife and her new husband have agreed to adopt her I was told it would cost $1,500-$2,00.00. Is there a way to pay less
My 10 year old grandaughter lives in Texas with her birth mother, stepfather, 4 year old half brother and a sister due in 2 months. She is the only member of the family with a different last name. Her step father has been part of her life since she was 2 and the only "daddy" she has known. Her birth father has been out of contact and where abouts unknown for since she was 18 month old. She desperately wants to be adopted and her father would love to adopt her. Can anyone tell me if the process you have described of filing through and attorney is the same if the birth father is no where to be found?
Advertisements
My husband decided to adopt my son to give him last name from him. I was wondering how much it cost for stepparent adoption in California? His bio-father is out of his life since he was born and the court ordered him that he is not allowed to visit or contact him anymore so his bio father agreed to signed up the paper to not contact us anymore. Until he heard that my husband and I got married then his lawyer send me a letter that the bio father has retained the undersigned for the purpose of consenting to a stepparent adoption of my son. I know he's not supposed to heard from us but well, I;d like to know how much it cost for it? Please help?
The cost of a step parent adoption is generally $2,500 - $3,500. In addition, there are court filing fees, social investigation fees if the court requires on, ad litem fees, etc. It adds up. I am attorney and I know. It is a bit costly.
I am considering putting together a do-it-yourself kit at a set price so people can do it themselves, including online help. Then for additional fee, for those unreasonable judges, maybe a fee to appear at the hearing to get things finalized.
Let me know if you think this is a good idea.
Hi, I saw an older posting from you regarding possible in the near future you were considering getting together a Step Parent Kit. Do you have something like that set up already? I live in TX and everything I am reading ball parks the cost at $2,000-$2500, plus court fee's.
please email me all info you have if you do.
loribeth.h_02@hotmail.com
Advertisements