Advertisements
Advertisements
I am looking for information as to what happened to Conley Maternity Hospital in Kansas City, MO. I know it is no longer open, but cannot find any information. I was born there 4-6-1972. Any information would be appreciated. kugyrlde32@aol.com
Contact willowshospital.org and leave a message. I think they have a lot of research on the area and what homes were open when.
The other thing to do is contact Dept of family Services in Jefferson City, MO who would be holding copies of all the birth fiels for the state and ask around.
Radiodoll
Advertisements
I, too, was born at Conley Hospital in KCMO. My birthdate is 8/20/52. It is now called Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. Dr. Conley was the founder in the early 1900's. It is at 24th & Independence Avenue.
What else can I tell you?
Have you connected with your birth parents or siblings? I know that I have a sibling born before me. I am looking for anyone who knew a Kenner (my birth mother). She supposedly was a nurse.
Advertisements
Sorry, I don't know anything about it during that time. I was also born there but it was Feb 26, 1952.
I was born at Conley 10/27/1969. My mother and several other relatives were also born there. Sadly the hospital has been torn down and paved over to extend the parking lot of the Passantino Brothers Funeral Home. The hospital was located on Garfield just off Independence Avenue. You can still see where the footprint was if you look at the parking lot there is a concrete wall that outlines the length of where the hospital stood. Directly across the street is a Social Security Office. I was going to take pictures of it years ago and it was too late, they had just finished tearing it down.
I was born in Conley Hospital in 1952, I would like to see a picture of it but unable to find one. Too bad it is torn down. Does anyone know how far it (was) from 700 W. Englewood Rd area? Thanks for your response.
You were born the same year as me...I'm 6 months older. Was it ran by the university then? I think we lived on Vivian Road. Or it may have been called "Shady Lane". My dad said my mom had 6 false labors with me so he decided to call me "the naughty lady of shady lane"...I attended Englewood Elementary and Oakwood Manor Elementary.
Advertisements
I have 2105 Independence Avenue listed as my birth place on ammended birth certificate. My birth father's sister said I was born @ Conley (she gave birth hours earlier same hospital) Now I am confused is this the right address for the old Conley Maternity hospital or not?
I have 2105 Independence Avenue listed as my birth place on ammended birth certificate. My birth father's sister said I was born @ Conley (she gave birth hours earlier same hospital) Now I am confused is this the right address for the old Conley Maternity hospital or not?
Have you had any luck finding anything out. My father was also born at Conley hospital and I can’t seem to locate any biological family for him