Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By ClevelandFan2
We are having a terrible experience with EAC (European Adoption Consultants) in Ohio. They have not delivered any of the services they promise. We are going to adopt our daughter soon and have heard wonderful things about the coordinator who actually makes things happen in Vietnam. However, we wanted an infant and to adopt quickly -- as we were told by this agency. We were told on 3 other occasions we'd travel -- in fact, the owner said "you're next" near Jan. 2001. At one point, after having our child's photos and info. for 6 mos., we were told we might not get to adopt her. Our phone calls were not returned either. It didn't seem to bother them that their service to us was unsatisfactory (despite setbacks out of their control, relating to the gov't.). PLEASE be careful in selecting an agency.
Originally Posted By Shannon
I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. Please email me privately at lsucat@home.com
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Patti
I am so sorry to hear this. The very same thing happened to us, several years ago, with a Michigan agency called AIAA. We were " always next". Just wait, we were told. WE spent a total of 2 years with this agency and nothing. The last straw was calling back, 3 months after the last" just wait " speech. The secretary answered the phone and told us that the agency program closed 6 months ago.... and we were NEVER notified. Be very careful, is all I can tell you. We thought we did our homework and we were given the shaft. AIAA never returned the phone calls of our HS agency, or ours. It was only aftrer a complaint that we filed with that state attorney general's office and with Mary Mooney'shelp at the Adoption Guide, we finally got our money back. Good luck to you. Tell your story to Mary Mooney, at her site.
Also , there are several complaints and lawsuits being filed against EAC. I hope you knew that.
Originally Posted By ClevelandFan2
Thank you for the information/advice. We went to Vietnam and we now have our baby. No, I didn't realize there were some lawsuits pending against our agency.
Originally Posted By AJ
I wish I had found this site sooner. When I read the date of this first complaint I could not believe the date! We started our paperwork about that exact same time. According to the program director their were NO problems. Everything went good with our 1st adoption through EAC, so we chose them when we decided to pursue our second adoption. We have been very disappointed with their lack of communication and disorganization. Their director does not return phone calls and if you ask to speak to her it's like trying to call the President. I would definitely not recommend them. The only reason we haven't switched agencies is because of the facilitator.
Originally Posted By Trina
Could you tell me where I can find out about the complaints being filed against EAC? You can email me privately at dkhnath@comcast.net. We found about some serious charges against another agency "after" we signed on with them, and don't want to make the same mistake twice. Thanks!
Advertisements