Advertisements
Advertisements
We were just informed by Idaho (state where our Niece was moved from) that we should start our adoption home study.
Has anyone done an adoption home study after becoming foster parents? And is it much different then our foster home study was? We are licensed foster parents.
I'm so glad to be at this point to be adopting our Niece!!! Once TPR happens Aug 15th we should know something. She is doing so well with us it's amazing. She hasn't had any major issues I've seen. I am spending all my time with her (I'm off work til Aug 20th with FMLA) so it's so awesome!!!
Hi there,
We are foster parents in NJ and we did a private home study after already having a license to foster/adopt through the state. The studies were comparable but the private study was more comprehensive as far as paperwork was concerned and less comprehensive as far as the child safety inspection. The private study was also pricey...ours was around $1300 including the cost for background checks which we had to do over because our state doesn't release that information.
Overall, I'd say if you're already foster parents you'll have no trouble getting through a private study.
Best of luck to you!
Jennifer
Advertisements
In Florida - I was told they are one and the same except that the will go into a little more depth. Future plans and ability to support and care for the child type of stuff.
This was addressed in out MAPP class to a small extent. We had both adoptive and foster parents in the class - because most (at least many) foster parents wind up adopting - they just do it all up front.
This was the focus back when I did MAPP - it may have changed by now. Ask you licensing worker for an adoption worker contact and get the strait information. I know every state is not the same. . . .
hkolln
We were just informed by Idaho (state where our Niece was moved from) that we should start our adoption home study.
Has anyone done an adoption home study after becoming foster parents? And is it much different then our foster home study was? We are licensed foster parents.
I'm so glad to be at this point to be adopting our Niece!!! Once TPR happens Aug 15th we should know something. She is doing so well with us it's amazing. She hasn't had any major issues I've seen. I am spending all my time with her (I'm off work til Aug 20th with FMLA) so it's so awesome!!!
They used my foster care hs for my adoption hs..all they did was chnage the title from Foster care to adoption...