Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone know if PRIDE training is transferable from State to State? I'm currently in CA and about to head to FL and just found out the agency we've been with here in CA for the last 2 years is now suddenly requiring PRIDE so we may end up needing to take it just to maintain our license until we can either finalize *A's* adoption or transfer things to FL. So obviously it would make things so much less complicated if the PRIDE training we take here will transfer so that we don't need to re-take it again only a few months later.
I was in CA and moved out of state... the private agencies would not transfer ANY of my training (I was certified for special needs kids so I had way more than the average person)... The city/county agency took it all so all they had to do was update my home study...
Advertisements
for many states, the answer is no. we just left CA, the classes we took did NOT transfer...we started over from scratch when we brought our own "A" here that had not been finalized yet. i got SO sick of doing things over i finally put my foot down on the physical bc we had JUST had one....i had to FIGHT for them to take it bc it was on CA dpss paper, instead of our new state....in the end, they took that, but that was all. it was AWFUL to sit through the same classes again..with the same information again....but it meant we get to adopt our "A" so i don't care....we are done now...just waiting to file for adoption. AMEN! our new state said the states are working on streamlining the trainings so that they will be compatible and transferrable from state to state, but they are not at this time. But each state is different, so i'd call the icpc office in florida and ask them directly....as it seems to be the new state making that decision.
Our training was not transferable either. We moved from CA to TX. We had to do ALL the training over. Some states just require more. Like CA didn't have medication training and behavior training, but TX does and requires it. I was soooo glad when the training was over.
But our physical, TB tests and some other misc things did transfer over. And our homestudy, which just needed to be updated.
If the state uses the same curriculum then it's *supposed* to transfer. But if they use a different curriculum then it's iffy.
AZ will waive PS-MAPP for another program on a case-by-case basis and even then it's up to the agency to decide if they want to pursue licensure with that family. But waiving it just started happening in the past few months too.
Advertisements