Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
A few years ago I posted that I had the 1986 birth index for Tarrant County. It was on a laptop that was stolen from my office in 2005 and I have never been able to find it since. Today, JUST BY LUCK, I found this site with ALL the Tarrant County births (the same index I had all those years ago!) I have never been able to find this. I just looked up myself (I was a Gladney baby in 1968) and my son (Gladney baby class of 1986) and we're both in there. (We are in the first stages of reunion, so I know his adopted name).
[url=http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/tarrant/vitals/births/]Index of /tx/tarrant/vitals/births[/url]
It is listed alphabetically and divided into about 10-15 files for each year. An easy way to quickly search each list of names would be to click "Find" and then type your specifics into the search field - for example type exactly this format (based on your own specific details) 09-may-1986 m This gave me the names of boys born on May 9th.
I would be glad to help anyone! I was able to get the list of all boys born in Tarrant County on my son's birthday in just a couple minutes.
Good luck!
Shannon
1 Liked
 likes this.
Danelle57
Checked out Index for Baby Girl DOB: 7/3/81 (I am Birth Mother) Tarrant County @ John Peter Smith via Edna Gladney Home. My last name was Schmidt at time of birth. I do not see my name on list...Can you help me?
Hello
The babies are listed by their adoptive name - this will give you a list of all females born on that day in Tarrant county and you will need to narrow it down from there.
Good luck with your search! I just had my first face-to-face reunion with my birthson two weeks ago!
Advertisements
marpal
I am so happy for you. Can you tell me where to find the word "find" to narrow the list to the DOB I want. Thanks
Hello -
"Find" is up at the top of your browser. I use Firefox and I go to "Edit" --> "Find" and then a field pops up. You just enter the data in the exact format as the index for example 12 Nov 68 F and hit "next" to find each entry. There can be several files for each index year so search all of them
lkruss
I just wanted to say thank you for the information on the birth indexes. thanks to you I have FOUND my birthson, I have contacted him and he has confirmed that indeed he is my son. He also was a gladney baby in 1989. Now I hope to be able to communicate with him more, but I have left the ball in his court. thank you again and God bless...
I am so glad for you! I just had my first face-to-face with my birthson five years after our first contact (we were mutually registered here on Adoption.com). The Key: Patience, patience, patience. The person who moves the slowest sets the pace. This was really hard for me, but it paid off! Good luck to you!
When I click on the link, it only shows the links for the years 1926-1934. I'm needing 1992. I tried to change the address to /1992 and it took me to a "Page not found" site. Any help is appreciated!
Hi Kikker
I hate to say this, but it looks like it's been taken offline. :( I tried a 1982 link that I had used before (stored in my history) and it was Page Not Found. I wouldn't be surprised if Edna Gladney was behind this! THEY HATE people getting their birth information. (Not to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist, but as a Gladney birthmother and adoptee, i know they are notoriously anti-search). I'm really sorry! Good luck in your search.
Advertisements
Kikker
When I click on the link, it only shows the links for the years 1926-1934. I'm needing 1992. I tried to change the address to /1992 and it took me to a "Page not found" site. Any help is appreciated!
Hi Kikker
I hate to say this, but it looks like it's been taken offline. :( I tried a 1982 link that I had used before (stored in my history) and it was Page Not Found. I wouldn't be surprised if Edna Gladney was behind this! THEY HATE people getting their birth information. (Not to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist, but as a Gladney birthmother and adoptee, i know they are notoriously anti-search). I'm really sorry! Good luck in your search.
I'm a Gladney birth mother as well. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun just a teeny bit as my son turns 18 just this next week, but I've been waiting a long time for this, lol. I've sent in my Texas registry application to Gladney, but now I am hearing of people who have registered through them and they didn't provide the connection... I moved enough times that I lost communication with his mom and dad. (We had a semi-open adoption in that we visited together for a few days while the adoption was going through, they had my address at the time, and we even met up with the dad when he was in town on business a couple of times). Anyway, we lost contact several years ago, though I send updates and photos. With what I'm learning about Gladney now, how do can I even know they are forwarding those letters? Must remain positive, right? :)
ive looked at the tarrant county birth index for 1990 before and havent had a problem with it. and just now when i try to open the link its only showing births up to the year
1934. any idea why?
Ancestry. com has the texas birth index. Go to the local library. The library carries a subscription that you can use for free.
Advertisements
[QUOTE]I am a male born 2-17-1974 from Edna gladney. in tar rant county Texas I only have non identifying info. I know mom birth mom was 17 and jar in high school and that she was and still is in Texas. I would really appreciate any info anyone could help me with. Thank you all for taking the time to read this
We are looking for an Edna Gladney birth mom from 1962.
Baby boy born 9/21/1962 at Duncan Memorial.
WE THINK the birth last name started with an M.
Mom was 18 and Dad was 27, both Anglo.
None of the baby boys listed in Ancestry match. Our baby is listed with his adopted name only.
Texas Department of Vital Records removed the birth information. They found out we had a way around the system. However, as stated, your local library should have ancestry.com for free and you can get a list of everyone born on a certain day and you can narrow it to gender and county.
I am looking for the 1986 birth index, if anyone has it please let me know! I also have a membership to ancestry.com but can't find it on there either?
Advertisements
Dang! I wish I would have seen this 8 years ago! I am so sad it is no longer at this link - then I would possibly be able to find my father's birth family! :( I feel that we have been given falsified papers from Edna Gladney and we cannot find anything!
Hi Shannon,
I tried to use your link but the records only go to 1934. I am helping a cousin try to find his birth parents. He was adopted through Gladney in 1986. He was born on April 20, 1970. He was adopted by a family named Smartt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My email is emk146@sbcglobal.net. Emily
I am so glad for you! I just had my first face-to-face with my birthson five years after our first contact (we were mutually registered here on Adoption.com). The Key: Patience, patience, patience. The person who moves the slowest sets the pace. This was really hard for me, but it paid off! Good luck to you!