Advertisements
Advertisements
:( Hello child protective services have been involved my familys life befor around a year ago and iam needing to know with we still be able to foster/adopt? ,the reason they were involved was one of my four children was being noughty in school and he accused my husbund of herting him we moved his school but he was still playing up so we moved his school again and then he carmed right down and he has been good from then on,the child protective services closed the case,so does it mean that we will not be able to foster or adopt? we are from the uk,any help please:thanks:
Advertisements
The only way for you to find out the answer to this question is to ask the authorities who would be granting or denying you the ability to do foster care where you live.
You have nothing to lose, because they either have a policy against it or they don't. Just call and ask, and that way you won't have to worry.
thank you both for ur replys,upset as i think ur right stephanie & that they wont let me which will break all are familys hearts if they say no as its a family members baby that we were hoping to foster and/or adopt to stop them taking him into care when hes born,so please god i hope your wrong and i will be seeing them soon so then i should know just befor hes born prob a no so ill only see him once then never again and iam crying writing this as he is my nephew. :(
If you are a relative, it could change everything, keep your hopes up! I do *not* know the laws where you are. However, in the case of my recent foster son here in one state in USA, the social worker told me that *even if* the family members offering to take him in had a *bad background check* -- that legally the child would go to them. That family also had CPS complaints... how else would the child have ended up in foster care? Plus, from time to time they would basically decide they didn't want him, and let him enter care again. Ugh for the poor child, who was a teen at the time.
There is a side of social workers that loves to help people. Tell them you need their help, and ask them if there's any way they can help you do whatever you need to do, correct anything you might need to correct, to do this. Again, come into the conversation literally using the words, "I need your help". And if it's meant to be, may you find success in this endeavor.
Unfortunately, here, you would not be able to provide kinship care for your relative's baby.
I've had a bunch of foster kids who had family denied b/c of past history with CPS, even history that was 15 years ago.
But it is different everywhere, so you might as well try. The worst they can say is no, right?
Advertisements
thank you both,they came and didnt say anything about it yet but i know they will so just waiting to here back from them again,i think ther going to say no but ill try because hes worth it,just want to say this is a great fourm and even if i dont get to foster my nephew it was good to talk to ppl about it :)
Hello! Well, what was the outcome? I think that is really great of you to open up your home to your family member's baby. I wish I woulda thought of that before my premature daughter was born. They put her in fostercare with her grandparents on my husband's side out of retaliation for not telling the courts and CPS about my due date or the hospital I was delivering at, OR when the baby was born. I took great care of her when she came out, they didn't see any signs of abuse, but out of retaliation they placed her with her my mother and father in law. My husband and I are thinking about letting his parents adopt and putting it in his mom's will that if something should happen to them, that the kids would go back to us, but.. we don't trust the fostercare system, since the system have been holding my kids hostage for the past 3 years over false allegations of abuse. I applaud everyone here for opening up loving, caring homes to children who need it, but it is not right that good parents like myself and my husband are being abused by the system, along with my precious babies. I am here to find out more about adoption.
woulditbe
:( Hello child protective services have been involved my familys life befor around a year ago and iam needing to know with we still be able to foster/adopt? ,the reason they were involved was one of my four children was being noughty in school and he accused my husbund of herting him we moved his school but he was still playing up so we moved his school again and then he carmed right down and he has been good from then on,the child protective services closed the case,so does it mean that we will not be able to foster or adopt? we are from the uk,any help please:thanks:
I don't know how things work in the UK, but if they found no evidence of abuse, there shouldn't be any reason why you cannot foster or adopt. Likely you will still need to tell them about the situation. I would NOT hide it, because it may be on your record anyway,and if they find it and you didn't mention it, it will look bad.
All you can do is try and see what they say about it.
good luck.
Advertisements
hi jest29 it was proven to not be true & the case was closed over a year ago,we havnt had the out come yet as my nephew & his girlfriend are going through assments & so are we at the moment,itl all be clear wots happening the first week of june,i do feel very sorry for you its realy unfair to be going through wot you are,yes the foster care system does not work for some familys,i realy hope you get everything sorted,take care,amyinwl i think its the same in the uk,i hope it is but i dont know yet & wont till the first week in june,we are going to be taking to them soon about it as its part of are assment just hoping that it all goes good,thank you
Well, then I don't see why they wouldn't let you obtain guardianship. Here in the U.S., guardianship is usually granted on the same day you go to court.
I have a friend that wanted to foster but her boyfriend had a run in with CPS years back, but they still denied them for fostering. You being a relative might be different though..Good luck.
thank you to everyone,we spoke to them and it does go bad for us even thou nothing came of it and it was told to be lies so we are very unhappy that we will never foster and most of all we will never care for are great nephew and will never see him again if are nephew does not get him back,he will never know how hard we tryed we will never see him grow up and are children will never play with him,his first kiss off me will be his last and its herting us so bad all are family,lifes so unfair. :(
Advertisements