Advertisements
Advertisements
I am looking for a sister who was born in May 1981 in Texas and adopted. Recently I participated in DNA testing on Ancestry.com (AncestryDNA, cost is currently $79 but was $99 when I did it), and also submitted those results to FamilyTreeDNA.com as well for added coverage. I have been told that if my sister participates in either of these DNA tests, I will be notified, so I am trying to spread the word. Apparently this DNA testing has already reunited several families and can get around the red tape of sealed records!
Advertisements
Hi I was wondering if you will for sure get a sibling hit on ancestry.com DNA test if you have a half sibling do the test? I did the test in 2011 which lead me to my biological father. Since then I have come across someone who also believes he may be her father. Her Mother passed away when she was a small child so we have been looking into a DNA test to do that will give us the answers we are looking for. If she does the same test will it give up a reliable answer?
cfarr77
Hi I was wondering if you will for sure get a sibling hit on ancestry.com DNA test if you have a half sibling do the test? I did the test in 2011 which lead me to my biological father. Since then I have come across someone who also believes he may be her father. Her Mother passed away when she was a small child so we have been looking into a DNA test to do that will give us the answers we are looking for. If she does the same test will it give up a reliable answer?
I am sure you will get "some" kind of hit if both parties submit DNA. However, with a half-sibling my understanding is that it may come back as a 1st cousin or something similar to you. However, obviously a parent is a parent regardless. If a father submits to DNA testing it will show whether or not he is the father.
1 Liked
 likes this.