Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I am looking for some information and really dont know where to start. I have been told by a family member that my father (now deceased) may have had a child that was put up for adoption in Murphy North Carolina by a Dr. that was discovered to have adopted out hundreds of children. I also remember seeing some thing before my dad died on tv about this Dr. and his doings and my father said that was his Dr. when he lived in north Carolina I have tried every possible combination of words to find this scandal or this dr.s name and come up with nothing. Do you all have any idea on where i can begin????? I know this is a long shot but worth a try.:o HELPPPPPP
Why don't you try the local newspapers for that area, or the local DA's office, they may be able to direct you in the right area and sometimes the local newspapers are online, that's how I found my paternal Grandfather.
All the best, Lewey
Advertisements
Hi bdq I read your post and thought I would reply,I was born in murphy nc and the only DR I know of that was close to this area was DR.Thomas Hicks he done illegal adoptions in copperhill Tn and McCaysville GA which is only a few miles from murphy,I am searching for a sister that was given up at DR.Hicks clinicin 1962 he did not put the birth parents name on the birth certificates which makes it hard for these adoptees to find there family,I am in touch with a lot of these adoptees since I have been searching for my sister.if you want to you can email me and if you think this is the DR.you are looking for I can put youin touch with someone who can try to help you.kms3100@yahoo.com
Hi. My name is fawnia and I saw that there was some posted information on
the adoption forum about illegal adoptions. I am currently doing a research paper on illegal adoptions and was wondering if you could send me some information on the types of situations that you're going through to find your paternal brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, etc.. I appreciate your taking time to read through this letter, anything that you cand send me via email would be VERY helpful. Thanks again.
You can send any information that you think would be helpful to:
fawniaerickson.mhs@gaggle.net
bdq
Hi,
I am looking for some information and really dont know where to start. I have been told by a family member that my father (now deceased) may have had a child that was put up for adoption in Murphy North Carolina by a Dr. that was discovered to have adopted out hundreds of children. I also remember seeing some thing before my dad died on tv about this Dr. and his doings and my father said that was his Dr. when he lived in north Carolina I have tried every possible combination of words to find this scandal or this dr.s name and come up with nothing. Do you all have any idea on where i can begin????? I know this is a long shot but worth a try.:o HELPPPPPP
I can search in Murphy, I was born in the Hicks Clinic. There will be someone who remembers if the details are true.
I appreciate your taking time to read through this letter, anything that you cand send me via email would be VERY helpful. Thanks again.:hissy:
Advertisements