1. Tell people about it!
2. Update your Facebook cover photo with an Adoption Awareness Month photo.
3. Join an adoption support group.
4. Read a book about adoption.
5. Read the National Adoption Month proclamations as a family; share it with your friends.
6. Write a thank you note and send a care package to your child’s birth parents.
7. Cook a traditional meal from your child’s heritage. (Our family has loved doing this! It is so fun to try new recipes and we have added special family recipes to our dinner rotation.)
8. Make a financial donation to your favorite adoption organization.
9. Family movie night featuring a movie with adoption themes.
10. Surprise a local foster family with a meal or gift cards.
11. Share a profile link for a family hoping to adopt.
12. Create or purchase a piece of adoption art for your home.
13. Donate adoption-themed books to the library at your child’s school.
14. Collect needed items for your local foster care organization. Involve your community and bring awareness to the need.
15. Make your family an adoption-oriented playlist. Have an amazing family dance party!
16. Share infographics on your social media outlets to help increase public knowledge about adoption.
17. Write a thank you note to your caseworker or attorney.
18. Sport your favorite adoption t-shirt.
19. Watch a birth parent panel discussion.
20. Tell your adoption story.
21. Schedule a Skype or Facetime conversation with your child’s birth parents.
22. Bring awareness to the thousands of children waiting for adoption.
23. Participate in an adoption awareness walk.
24. Encourage your employer to offer adoption benefits similar to those offered to biological parents. Some fortune 500 companies even offer adoption subsidies. Do research and meet with your office’s Human Resources department.
25. Donate time or financial support to a birth parent support group.
27. Start an adoption play group in your area.
28. Make a special trip to Wendy’s and donate to their adoption program.
29. Use the hashtag #nationaladoptionmonth when posting to social media.
30. Share the adoption triad symbol with friends and teach them the significance and why it is important.