Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
To the girl who was Jackie's daughter. I cannot locate the post I wrote that included info about this young girl and I don't remember what I said about her. The name Jackie isn't a name I remember but I will tell you what little I remember about that particular girl. She came to Crit as a ward of the court, I believe. She and other brothers and sisters had been removed from her mother's care. and I think she was in foster care. She was pregnant and placed at Crit. I left before she had her baby but, if I didn't mention this before, this girl was adamant that she was keeping her baby, that they couldn't make her give her baby up. I'm sure I mentioned that the older girls all said that there was no way she would be allowed to keep her baby because of her age, her circumstance and, in general, Crit wanted all the babies they could get because they made $$ on every baby adopted. I also believe that Mrs. Thomas looked down on many of the girls there and thought we shouldn't, didn't deserve to keep our babies.
There was only one girl who took her baby home, a 15 year old named Judy. Mrs. Thomas, the director, later told us at daily chapel service (that was her place to get messages out to all the girls) that Judy's baby had died. I believed it at the time because why would they lie to us, but I have thought for years it was just a message to other girls not to keep your baby because it might die.
To be honest, that girl was a little spitfire and we knew she was going to be a thorn in Mrs. Thomas' side.