Advertisements
Advertisements
We adopted from Romania in 1991. Does anyone know of anyone in Romania or going that can help us search for birthparents in the Calarasi region? They were found about 4 years ago, we got photos, names and a letter. Unfortunately they were lost in a computer crash. Any suggestions?
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
No promises but I do have rewlatives living in Bucharest and my husband is fluent in Romanian. We could at least call our relatives and ask how much they are willing to do. Feel free to email me at satchmoionescu@yahoo.com
I do have a friend living in Romania. I just asked her the same question.
Her husband is an attorney there and highly advised against trying to find to contact the birthparents at this particular time.
Because of all of the corruption within the adoption system in Romania, and the selling of children and the ban on foreign adoptions. I was advised that I could possibly be opening up a very bad can of worms if I were to find them NOW.
He was afraid that b/c of all of the bad publicity right now, that I could potentially find myself in a position where the bio parents would claim that they had been forced to sell their child and be in a huge pickle.
He thinks it would be wise to wait some of this out and then VERY carefully consider what I might do down the road. Dealing with foreign governments and countries can be tricky at times.
Good luck in what ever you decide to do.
It can be done. If you want to talk with other parents of children from Romania who have found birthfamily, please join us on
[url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BirthParentContact/[/url]
Also PM me and I can give you a contact in Romania
Advertisements
I am from calarasi romania
We adopted from Romania in 1991. Does anyone know of anyone in Romania or going that can help us search for birthparents in the Calarasi region? They were found about 4 years ago, we got photos, names and a letter. Unfortunately they were lost in a computer crash. Any suggestions?
[/quote]
Mama4kidz
[/quote]
[/quote]
Advertisements
Hi. I was adopted in Bucharest in 1991. I have few details, but know someone still living in Romania. From what I know I came from St Catherine's ( Orphanage #1). I think the name I have for my mother is correct. Are there any good resources I might use to help me find my birth family?
Hi Are you still looking? I know someone living in Romania who helped me conduct my birth family search and it was very successful.
Hello. I was adopted in Bucharest in 1998. I have few details, Florentina Jeni Ionescu is my birth name. Also I have a twin brother who was adopted with me from the same parents.
Hello. I was born in Bucharest in 1998. I have few details, my birth mother name is Florentina Jeni Ionescu and I know it's more difficult to find her with this name. Also I have a twin brother who was adopted from the same parents with me. Our name befor the adoption was Florentina Elena Ionescu and Florin Ionescu.
Hi Are you still looking? I know someone living in Romania who helped me conduct my birth family search and it was very successful.
Advertisements
Hello! I am new on here. My husband was born in Cluj-Napoca, Romania in April 1999. We are looking for his birth parents. We have both of there names and where they are originally from we are just trying to find them and maybe get in contact with them. Could the person you know living in Romania help us find his birth parents?