Advertisements
Advertisements
I am searching for my birth father and siblings. I was told by my birth mother, Dorothy Romagura, that his name is James E Thompson and that he was from Seattle. In 1954, he was possibly stationed at keesler Airforce Base in Biloxi, or living in the New Orleans area. Mr. Thompson would be about 70 years old, now. If there is anyone who can help me, I'd appreciate it. wHAT SITES ARE BEST FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION?
The sites I have used are Ancestry.com
[url]http://anybirthday.com[/url]
and locateme.com
But, it will be difficult with his name being so common. I wonder if the military might be more helpful for you. Having a birthdate is also very helpful., even if your mother only remembers the month.
Advertisements
Are you having any luck finding your birth parents? How much research have you done in terms of getting any info on the original adoption records? Was it all handled by the catholics? I am looking for an Adoptee who was born at the same hospital in 1960. Please reply---- Thanks
I have information now about my birthfather, and would like to help if I can. St. Anne's, a home for unwed mothers, closed quite a few years ago. It was run by Catholic Charities. The babies were born at St. Anne's (at least, I was), and nuns took care of the babies after the birthmothers left. Even though my parents had been waiting for a baby for over two years, I stayed at St. Anne's an additional five months while they did more background checks and the like. When the home closed, the records were sent to Alexandria, La and then to Lafayette, La. So the St. Anne's records are held at Catholic Charities in Lafayette. If you would like more information, please send a private message.
Sincerely..........Lila
hey dont forget that the Air Force Base was near also..That seems like the place he would have been as its so close to Shreveport ...Its in Bossier City ..Barksdale is the name...Its still open.