Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone,
My name is Sharon. I am a 27 year old adoptee from the Philippines. I was adopted by an American family. I was born in Manila at the Hospital of the Infant Jesus. I resided at the Reception and Study Center for Children, Quezon City from 1977 to 1978 and the Smyrski Home (I'm not sure where they were located at my time of residence. They have moved since then)
I would love to correspond with others from RSCC as well as anyone else who has been touched by adoption. I am also looking for contact information such as an address, phone or e-mail. I will be returning to the Philippines in August 2005 for ICAB's conference for Adoptive Families with a good friend, who is also my partner is the Filipino Adoptees Network, a web-based organization for Filipino Adoptees. During this trip, I also hope to continue my search for my birthparents and achieve some closure and inner peace with the events that occurred in my earlier life.
Thanks so much for your time.
Warmly,
Sharon
Advertisements
Welcome!
Your best bet on finding info like the address/phone/etc. is by contacting ICAB. Their website is icaba@skyinet.net. They take a little while to get back to you, but they would have the information you are looking for (just a hint, you might want to write a letter and mail it even though it takes a couple of weeks to get there, you might get a faster response)!! Good luck, and we'll see you at the conference - my husband, James, was also adopted from the Philippines, and he'll be one of the speakers there.
Jen
Sharon my daughter is 14 and was at the Smyrski Home in Quezon City as an infant. I have searched for the current address of this home but I've found nothing. Do you have their current contact info.
Jen,
Thank you so much for your information. I am actually a participant in ICAB's Search for Roots Programs. I just have not heard from them for quite sometime and wanted to get a independent jumpstart on my search efforts . I know the ICAB staff are hard at work! :)
I very much look forward to meeting you and your husband next year!
Warmest Regards,
Sharon
Dear Mom3times,
I will contact my adoption agency and inquire about the Smyrski Home's location for you. I think they are now situated in Quezon City but please don't quote me on it. :)
I stayed at the Smyrski Home with my mother during a two week homeland tour in 1991. What an AMAZING experience!
I will be in touch with you shortly.
Warmest Regards,
Sharon
Advertisements
I too stayed at the Smyrski Home for a couple months in 1981 before my adoption to my American Family in Connecticut. I visited Smyrski Home for two weeks in 1998. At the time there was only one child there although have been told that it was sold in the last couple weeks.
I do not have the exact address but I do remember that it is in Loyola Heights, QC just off of Katipunan Avenue near the National Bookstore (ABACUS-Katipunan 297 Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights Quezon City). It is also very close to Ateneo de Manila University.