Advertisements
Advertisements
I know this is an old post. My situation is a lot like yours and I am very interested to know what type treatments and success rates.
Ok...
I have searched this web site and all over the net..and cannot FIND any info on this...
we adopted our son when he was 8.. Had a incident when he was 9ish.. where he was pretending to be sleeping on the sofa w/ me.. the adopted mom..and I fell asleep, and woke up to him grinding his hips up against my body...
That never happened again. .had a conversation about sex, feelings, made it non judgemental..etc..
However.. as he got older, the fantasies seemed to grow.. amongst other things, he became very violent at 13..tried to kill me..
So we have had a love hate relationship on his part.. extremes..
yes to counseling and all the rest..
He has recently moved back home..he is 19.. had been kicked out of my sisters house when he was 17 for drawing fantasy pictures of himself and my sister in sexual scenes.... and I have in the past found my underwear in his dresser...
We let him move back home.. he seemed to be different this time, more proactive w/ his mental health issues..etc.. taking meds..
Not. Faked suicide just because he needed a roof.
Came home yesterday to find that he had been rummaging thru my personal effects in my bedroom and god knows what else he was doing in there as well.... Denied it..but he left obvious clues that he was in there.. so its like he wanted to be found out.
Is this something that happens more frequently than is talked about? OR is his behavior not even a part of the adoption process..and may be just particular to him and his mental health issues? Or even a combo.
I just want to know am I alone? I am very upset.. and hate this feeling .. like I am being raped in my own home.
Dawn
[/quote]