Advertisements
Advertisements
Back in 1982, I adopted a baby boy who was born to Hispanic parents. The mother was interested in music and the father was in sports, both at UNM. My boy was born Nov. 30.
Back when my son was 7 yrs. of age the father contacted Chaparral for a picture. My husband then refused to send one because of all the abductions that were occurring.
If you think you are the father of this boy, please contact me. :thanks:
Advertisements
Becjo
Yes it was in Old Town Albuquerque, NM. It was an old building right on the Plaza. I know it was there in 1979 as I was there as an unwed mother. It was a good place! It was a home to approx 10-15 girls at a time. They ranged in age from 12 to 19 when I was there. Becjo
I am looking for a brother who was adopted out of chaparelle in 1979 between sept and nov...his mothers name was pamela...since u were there in 79 thought maybe u knew her
this information is great thank you so much. I am looking for a brother who was adopted out of chaperelle in sept to nov of 1979..his mothers name was pamela and his fathers name was ed..if anyone has information please let me know
In 1996, I went to Albq. after phone tracking of this agency. Back in the summer of '96 it was ran by the United Way. I had called previous to my visit out there since I was coming from out of state. I called and spoke with a woman and told her what I expected when I arrived. Little did I know at the time, she had my very own adoption file in her hands. She did NOT give me identifying info, but because I needed medical info, she gave a little bit to use. I have signed my release for my birth family to contact me if they desire. So far no luck.
Hello my name is Chris McLellan.
My wife found your post on adoption.com about your search for your brother. Many of the facts you have about him mirror my story or are very similar. I was born Thomas Andrew Smith on October 14th, 1977 in Austin, TX to Michelle Smith and James Everett Marshall. I was roughly 2 1/2-3 months premature. At 13 months I was adopted from the Chaparral Adoption Agency in Albuquerque, NM. There is a possibility that I am the person you are looking for. If your mother's name is not Michelle Smith and I am not the person you are trying to find, I apologize. I am eager to here from you.
Thank you
Christopher McLellan
Advertisements
I was there from Aug to Oct 1970. I still keep in touch with one of the girls I lived with. Funny that the home was located in one of the biggest tourist attractions in Albuquerque.
Hey Chris. I just realized you posted on this. I don't recall seeing it before. I was born in 71 and was the youngest of the three siblings (not confirmed that they existed). feel free to email sometime or look for me on FB. (if you are out there...)
staraide2
I have never confirmed if I was actually at this home. I had such a weird travel. Being born in New Mexico, ending up in Indiana in a foster home... But have a reason to believe my mother was there. I am not even sure if the siblings that I was told could have existed... even existed???
Robert
Advertisements
Hi RKnotts!
I am looking for a half brother born at the chaparral adoption agency in Albuquerque NM February 28th 1970. Doesn't sound like you but I still want to chat with you and make sure. The info I have is that the mother that adopted my brother was a nurse and angle and the dad worked for a government agency and was hispanic. Not sure if the info I have is correct but It wouldn't hurt to share more info. The mothers name was Mary agnes Blea at the time her maiden name was Bradley. THank you. Get back to me when you can. Thank you!
Sonya Bennett
Like others, I am looking for info on this place and possible info on my parents.
I was born February 12, 1972. I know from what little info my parents have at home that my mother was 16 and my father was 21. She gave birth to to a little boy who was adopted and taken to my new home in Colorado less than 7 days after my birth.
I've spent years and several hundreds of dollars on people promising to help me to no avail. The last such helpful person swore that my mother was born and living on the Navajo reservation in northwestern New Mexico, which I know is a flat out lie...so I am hoping someone here might possibly finally help me.
I know this is a long shot. But I was adopted through Chaparral agency on March 6,1980 and was born at Presbyterian hospital March 2,1978. I know my birth mothers name is Dorothy. I am wanting to find her or any of my family. I have a 13 year old daughter that has liver issues and I want to know if it is hereditary. I also would just like to know where I come from.
Hello Im trying to help a friend find her family. Here is some of her info. Her mother was at the unwed mothers home. I was born August 27th, 1979 in Taos, NM. I lived with my birth mother in Houston, TX until I was adopted at 15 months. My initials at birth were RM. She thinks her last name was Mallory. She was adopted by a family in Indiana. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Advertisements
Searching for the adoption agency in 1965 that would take the mothers to El Paso TX to have their babies then the adoption would take place in New Mexico.
Has anyone heard or come across this?
I am trying to help my husband figure out his adoption. I know his mother was in a home for unwed mothers when she gave birth and he was born in Dec 1964 in Albuquerque N.M. I have only found 2 homes that were in operation at the time. Do any of you know how to get records for adoptions back then?
1 Liked
 likes this.