Advertisements
Advertisements
We are in Kansas and will probably adopt from Texas, because that's where the agency we're probably going with is. I wondered what anyone's timeframe with either Kansas or Texas ICPC was like. I'm trying to figure out if the agency's 10-business-day estimate is accurate at all -- we'll do it if we have to, I guess, but obviously I'd rather not.
We're from Texas, but adopted our son from Oklahoma. Once our Oklahoma attorney sent the required documents to Texas, the turnaround time was surprisingly quick. They sent the documents either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning, and we got the word on Friday morning that we could return to Texas. We had been told it could take several weeks, but it ended up not being the case. HTH!!
Advertisements
We adopted from KS...our ICPC time was 5 business days (really 4, we got word on a Fri around 11 that we could leave).
I believe KS is a quick state but don't quote me on it!
We adopted in TX from CT and we were there for exactly 7 days including Good Friday and Easter weekend so that may have slowed it up a bit.
Okay, so that all sounds as if we'd be all right planning on less than 10 business days -- more like 5 to 7 days, total. That's quite a bit better than what I was thinking it might be. Thanks, you guys.