Advertisements
Advertisements
YES.
I have two adopted children. One of them is the light of my life. The other is the biggest regret of my life. They're biological siblings. We got the girl first, and the boy later, but had them both as foster children before we adopted. The whole time, the boy was problematic, but we just figured it was his age and the stress of bad parent visits, etc.
Eventually, adoption became the goal, and I really wanted to adopt the girl, but felt pressured to adopt her brother to keep them together. We were even told that if we didn't adopt both, we probably wouldn't get to adopt the girl, despite all her complex medical needs.
Long story short, I HATE my son. I tried for ten years. Ten years of trying to build attachments, trying to correct the behaviors that I now know were symptoms of RAD, trying to raise him to be a decent person. Now he's a teenager, and I am counting the days until I can get him out of my house (four more damn years).
I hate that he and my daughter are so close in age, because he's ruining the years I could be enjoying with her by dominating them with his terrible behaviors, volatile temper, false abuse reports, strain on our marriage, etc. I'm so done with him, I constantly feel like a terrible person. I regret adopting him every single day.