Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Pediasure
Those doctors abound. There are so many doctors that think nuerologically disabled people (including kids) have less value. I think its partly because they have always been with the super smart folks from the time they were kids. That's how they managed to become doctors. Their brains are what make them valuable and how they define value. A word of advice, take down the names of the crappy doctors because they will reappear in your life at a different hospital. After my DD's first stroke some idiot doc told me my DD had a brain tumor and that we should withdraw care and put her in hospice and that she would be dying soon. I made him pull up the CT scan and said, "that looks like a contained hemoragic stroke to me." ANd I remeber clearly him saying "I'm the doctor here, you are just the lawyer." The "lawyer" got a second opinion. Yep, stroke. The doc had the nerve to come up to later in our stay and argue for his position. My dad (the most passive MINISTER you will ever meet) told the guy that if ever got within 5 feet of my family again he would personally teach him what its like to live with a disability. 3 years later she has another stroke and he shows up at a different hospital as the neuro sugeon on call. He wants to do brain surgery. SHe has a 25% of surviving but its probably kinder to let her go now anyway. . .yada, yada, yada. We told had to ask to have him removed from her case and we were told there were no other options for pediatric neurosurgeons so it couldn't be done. I calmly explained that that must mean she won't be having surgery. She is still alive 3 years later and although she functions very low, she still enjoys life 95% of the time and we still enjoy her 100% of the time. Then their is the infamous spinal tap doc. We learned to say the line "Thank you we understand the risks and we would rather she die than have a spinal tap by you ever again."
We got the "keep her weight down so you can lift her" speech from a couple of doctors also. So its not like you heard wrong or did the wrong thing. I'm impressed that you checked out of a hospital. I have never had the guts to do that!
My Bio Son Who Is 3 Has Cancer The Doctors And Some Of The Nurses Around Here Know That I Foster And Adopt And I Took My Son In To A Chemo Appointment And We Got A Rude Nurse That Said When She Was Looking Over His Medical History “Why Would You Foster A Kid That Is So Needy” I Responded Calmly “He Is My Son And I Love Him” The Nurse Was Extremely Rude And I Filled A Complaint (I Have Had Over 40 Special Need Bio,Adopted,And Foster Kids And None Of There Care Team Have Been As Rude As That Nurse) I Can’t Believe Medical Personal Are So Rude