Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello: I adopted my daughter in 1994 through Adoption By Choice Agency which operated in Tampa from 1990 until 2005 or so, when I heard they lost their license because the director was convicted of mismanaging the funds. I have not tried to contact my daughter's birth parents, but now that she is 18, she is interested in finding them and I don't know how to start. Any advice would help.
Thanks, PattiS
Advertisements
Hi! I was adopted through ABC in '96, and am running into the same issues.. I think im going to contact the state and see what they can tell me. Hopefully they can give me access to my adoption records which (hopefully) have my birth mother's name on it... and then just a little more research and i might be able to find her. Maybe thats something you could look into.
Good luck, and take care!
Hi! I was adopted through ABC in '96, and am running into the same issues.. I think im going to contact the state and see what they can tell me. Hopefully they can give me access to my adoption records which (hopefully) have my birth mother's name on it... and then just a little more research and i might be able to find her. Maybe thats something you could look into.
Good luck, and take care!
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hello!
I was Adopted through Adoption By Choice Agency by my parents on November 19th 1996. I am trying to find my birth parents and have been trying for a long time now. I didn't know if anybody had any advice? I did a DNA test though 23 and me but was unable to find any relatives.
Last update on April 10, 2:05 pm by Ann Johnson.
Hello!
I was Adopted through Adoption By Choice Agency by my parents on November 19th 1996. I am trying to find my birth parents and have been trying for a long time now. I didn't know if anybody had any advice? I did a DNA test though 23 and me but was unable to find any relatives.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Hello: I adopted my daughter in 1994 through Adoption By Choice Agency which operated in Tampa from 1990 until 2005 or so, when I heard they lost their license because the director was convicted of mismanaging the funds. I have not tried to contact my daughter's birth parents, but now that she is 18, she is interested in finding them and I don't know how to start. Any advice would help.
Thanks, PattiS
I gave my daughter up for adoption in April 1994 thru Adoption by Choice Agency, in Tampa, I am trying to find her. Is it you? The first name they said they were going to give her started with DEL....? please let me know if it is you. my email is cjuswin at yahoo . com (put it together without the spaces using @....)
Hello! I’m looking for two boys born in 1994 and 1996. My mother gave two of my brothers up for adoption when they were born. They were adopted separately. Im Buying a dna test kit to see if I match with anyone but for now I hope this will get seen by one of my brothers . 🙏
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hey! I posted on this in 2017 looking for my birth parents and i was able to find them! Now I am searching for my bio sister. I'm not sure if she was adopted out by ABC in Tampa but i am assuming she was. She would have been born between February - April of 98. that is my best guess considering i do not have much info. Also she might be in GA. If anybody could help me that would be great or give me any advice for the search.
Thank you!
Ann
Last update on November 4, 2:42 pm by Ann Johnson.
Advertisements
The values an adoption agency ought to hold are to take the best possible care of children, there might be slight disagreements on that amongst professionals, but pedopsychiatry and pedagogy are established enough to have a consensual common core. So I do not quite get how the values are relevant.
I have not tried to contact my daughter's birth parents, but now that she is 18, she is interested in finding them and I don't know how to start. Any advice would help.