Advertisements
Advertisements
I’m 45 now, was adopted when i was 7 months old from overseas. My adopted family fought every night. Everything that started nice always ended in a fight with me down stairs with the dog listening to my parents and sister screaming, throwing things, full body adult tantrums on the floor and just chaos. My dads job at nsa moved us to overseas in 87, supposedly for 6 years, but, we found out that he was having an affair with someone from my own background for years. And she was my sisters age!!!! So, Mom and I returned to the states after 6 months of being in my home country. I had been plotting my escape ever since.
I started working around the neighborhood until i was legally old enough to have a real job. I calculated my grades so i could fail what i didn’t need to still at least graduate, and focus on making money so i could leave. I bought a car before i had a license, but i already knew how to drive.
When i turned 17, i left and hoped to never return.
However, due to horrible life choices, i had to make a few pit stops back before being able to stand more stable as an independent adult. But... it’s been about 25 years now and i fear every day that something will happen and I’d have to return... but, I’d rather be homeless... and i have been.
Dad has been dead a few years now and his current family has all his money. He didn’t leave me anything.
I have a lot to say, but... the adoption screening and what not needs a lot better investigation before handing over a life into someone elses hell.