Advertisements
Advertisements
I know I'm about a year late to this, but your headline did indeed grab me because as a mother of an only child who is interested in adopting, it is one of my biggest concerns - that our biological child will feel left out and be resentful of our adopted children.
Currently she is my everything and for medical reasons I wasn't able to have more children although I feel like I have more love to give. We were recently looking at a sibling group who needed a home and (I know this might/will draw criticism) we decided it wasn't a good fit for our family because I was worried about the long term consequences of them being a bonded group and having her feel left out. It's been keeping me up at night, but I think your post has helped me come to terms with the fact that it probably was the best decision for our family and we should continue to look for single children who need a loving home.
People might not write about it online but they are thinking about it and you are very brave for starting a potentially controversial conversation. In terms of your own family and siblings, you deserve to be happy so take the steps to make sure you are happy and if that means only seeing your siblings at holidays with your parents, then maybe that's best? Sending you my best wishes and thank you for helping me too.