Advertisements
Advertisements
Kelly,
I completely understand where you're coming from... The only thing is, in the adoptive parent and not a sibling. I can understand what you're saying because I have 5 of my own children and then adopted 3 siblings. Though they knew the children before the adoption happened, they struggled with the changes that came along and I think I took on their struggle more than any struggle my adopted children might have been having and I believe it has caused me to go into a somewhat of a depression. I am not the same person, I feel like, anymore. Even my closest friends have told me that.
I know you don't want to mention to your parents what you want through, but I think you should have. I understand the struggle your parents must have dealt with, internally... It hurts like hell to see my birth child/children hurting and to not want to show too much "favortism". My birth youngest is 14 and I feel like I'm explaining to her, more often than not, that I'm sorry for being angry and yelling a lot now... All this has caused this side of me to come out and I dont like it one bit. Please share with me any advice, coming from your perspective, on what and how I should go about things. I'm desperate. And my heart goes out to you so much. My 14 yr old was my baby and most would argue, my favorite child. Lol. (I spoiled her all her life until now).
I just dont want to screw up any of my children, birth or adopted.
I am so thankful you shared your story. ߙϢݤ