Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Absolutely not! I got licensed within 6 months of turning 21 (our agencies minimum age requirement) and 5 years later we are still going! It can be awkward being the youngest, but we never had issues getting kids or anything. We are still doing young like you and always have a full home! I say if you feel ready, do it. Don’t put off helping the kids you want to help just because of age:) as long as you are stable in life, body and mind (no unmanaged health concerns) you should have no problems :) good luck!!
Hi I hope all is well I’m not sure if you are still on this but I have been thinking about becoming a foster parent for a couple years I’m currently 25 and single so I know it would be a challenge especially without family around to help out. I am open to any age and gender with any disabilities or challenges that come with the child but I was wondering what kind of challenges have you faced if any especially starting young, after having experience would you have a ballpark annual salary that would be sufficient enough to support a child ( I know they give some money every month but I will be spending my money as well to make sure they have everything needed) and also did you meet anyone in the classes that you kept in contact with I’ll be working full time so if a child who is not in school is placed with me I would need to find some people to help with child care and I feel that other foster parents would be ideal and lastly how long did the whole process take I will be catching up on bills for the next month but I figured by time the classes and certifications are over I should be well past that with some saved as well I apologize for the lengthy questions I just want to get as much advice as possible before I begin the process so I can be prepared for what it will be like TIA for any advice