Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I have some experience with this kind of situation. I would just accept the request and let your sibling take the next step.
So, and I'm sure this got said here before, it's a long story that I won't tell, but in short:
I'm an adoptee who has 6 living birth siblings. I found them a little over a year ago, and I have had very mixed responses from them. Some after been completely silent and some have been open to a conversation.
Although to be fair, I myself am not looking for more than conversation --- I'm not planning to invite anyone to Seder.
However, one sibling, in particular, did not respond to my letter, and that is fine. I made it clear that it's all up to them, and if they aren't interested or ready for conversation, I'm okay with that. However, she did reach out through a second (about a year ago) to say that she is open to a conversation, just not yet.
However, she connected with me on LinkedIn recently. No special note, just a connection request. And, here is the dilemma, should I do anything? Should I message her back on LinkedIn and just say thank for connecting? Should I try to create an open-ended message that invites a conversation? should I just ignore it?
Any advice is helpful.