Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Difficult bio
I'm sure everyone who's been doing this for any length of time has a horror story or two about bio parents. You're right though, she's angry and sad and you're an easy target. She views you as the enemy because you get the moments with her child that she does not have. And some of them are downright mean. You don't have to take that and you shouldn't feel bad about blocking her. Maybe she'll get the idea that you get more bees with honey than with vinegar. But...maybe she won't. A lot don't. I had one bio mom who wouldn't say a single word to me. Not in the entire 10 months we had her child did she say one single word to me. And that's sad, but nothing you can do.
On the other hand, they're not all like that. I've had a couple who've hugged me and thanked me for taking care of their children in a difficult time when they weren't able to. One of these bio parents still view us as part of their family. After they got their children back, they maintained contact and we get them for a few days every couple of weeks. It helps them with childcare, it helps us with the loss of the children we cared for for over a year, and it helps the children maintain a contact with people who've cared for them.
1 Liked
 likes this.