Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
So this is awhile after you posted your concerns, so I don’t know if you’ll see it, but I’ll try to help if I can. I’m was adopted when I was 7. I was in and out of foster care with my adoptive parents starting when I was 4 until I was adopted due to problems with my brother who is three years older than me(we were adopted together). Our parents have told us all our lives that we were adopted. More than that...they taught us to be proud that we were adopted.
I have an older sister, she’s ten years my senior. We used to brag to her about how we were special because we were adopted. That we were chosen where as she wasn’t.
I’ve read your thread and it is ultimately up to you. Your parents are keeping a huge secret from your sibling and it is traumatic in just about every way possible if you wait to tell them. 9/10 years old isn’t too late but the sooner they are told, the better. Your parents are living a lie.
I don’t know how old you are, and you may have already dealt with the situation but I’m going to give my advice as best as I can.
The only way to let them know and your parents not become “disagreeable” is to tell them but they’ll have to keep it a secret, the fact that they know. If you do choose to tell them, be sure to let them know that it is not a bad thing. Try to make it as positive as possible.
Otherwise, they won’t know they’re adopted until they are much older, or your parents won’t like you for a really long time.
I don’t have much good news but I’ll tell you, the sooner they’re told, the better it will be for everyone. Be strong, I’m sure everything will be worked out in time, even if it’s a long time. The decision is up to you. I’ll be praying for your situation.
Last update on February 22, 8:00 pm by Corey Faulkner.