Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
My husband and I unexpectedly took into our care and who we have now adopted a 9 month old boy as he was at time we took him into our care. He had spent most his days in care. I had no intention of breastfeeding. He would claw at my boob and would get distressed so eventually I thought let’s see. He was very happy to latch and comfort suck. I and no milk to offer him. I was warned there was a chance if he did this enough he could cause me to lactate. He required heart surgery and after surgery would not take a bottle which he had taken no bother. He was at stage of having them considering putting in a feeding tube when a nurse suggested trying using a supplemental nursing system due to fact he wanted to comfort suck all the time.
This worked for him with no issue but meant he would point blankly refuse a bottle. Bout 10 days later of him only feeding using system. I woke up thru night one night with rock solid aching breasts. I called the hospital and my hubby and I went straight in and reason i felt like I did was milk had come in. He happily drained both sides.
Further two weeks down line I did away with system as was producing enough to satisfy him. I have to stress he spent his days attached to me it was hard going but this was a subject I knew nothing about. I spent 6 months where he was at my breast continually but it had another huge impact for us, he came on leaps and bounds in all departments.
I probably when not looking to induce this it happened and went so well but I presume because of him wanting to comfort suck continuously thus proving breast pumping etc is key
Re your picture I did get that at times before milk fully appeared