Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hello... new here! I was adopted through Catholic Charities when I was 2 weeks old (b. October 1964) so my adoptive parents have and always will be my parents! But I am grateful to be here due to the selflessness of my birth mother.
I recently decided to act on the curiosity I've had my whole life about my beginnings so I applied for my original NJ birth certificate. When it came I found out my birth mother's name, (N/A for birth father), her age (17) and that she was from NY. I also finally knew what time I was born!! I did some more research to find St. Elisabeth's Home for Unwed Mothers in Yardville, NJ. I took a drive down there last year and some folks at a local bar directed me to where the home had been. Sadly, it was demolished in/around 2017 and is now just a vacant lot, but at least I was able to stand on the ground where my fetal development took place. I did the 23andme thing recently and was matched with an uncle who has the same last name as my birth mother. It's a very generic name so further research on my part hasn't revealed anything new. I did send him a message on the 23andme website, and now I will wait for a reply, which I may or may not ever receive. But, I know more now than I ever did before, and I'm ok with that.