Date and Time: March 5th | 1:00 – 2:30pm ET
Registration: Free, with 1.5 CEs available
Join the National Council for Adoption (NCFA) for an empowering webinar designed to equip adoptive parents with invaluable insights and practical skills in trauma-informed parenting and complex trauma.
- Trauma-Informed Caregiving: Explore essential principles and practical strategies for trauma-informed caregiving.
- Managing Challenging Behaviors: Learn techniques for managing challenging behaviors and promoting emotional regulation.
- Fostering Trust and Safety: Discover methods for fostering a sense of safety and trust within the adoptive family dynamic.
- Real-Life Examples: Gain confidence in recognizing and responding to the unique needs of children who have experienced trauma through real-life examples.
- Susan K. Taylor: Piedmont Coordinator, Consortium for Resource, Adoptive, and Foster Family Training (CRAFFT), Radford University.
Who Should Attend:
- Adoptive Parents
- Adoption Professionals
Additional Information: While the webinar primarily speaks to adoptive parents, it offers valuable insights for adoption professionals as well.
Stay Tuned: NCFA will offer a follow-up opportunity to sign up for Part 2 of the webinar.
This webinar is an indispensable resource for adoptive families seeking to enhance their understanding of trauma-informed parenting. Adoption professionals will also find valuable insights to support adoptive families effectively. Don’t miss this chance to deepen your knowledge and refine your skills in trauma-informed caregiving. Register now and unlock the secrets to successful adoptive parenting!
What is NCFA?
The National Council for Adoption (NCFA) is a nonprofit organization committed to promoting the welfare of children and building strong, permanent families through adoption. With a rich history dating back to 1980, NCFA has been a leading voice in advocating for adoption and providing support and resources to adoptive families, birth parents, and adoption professionals. Through their webinars, like the upcoming trauma-informed parenting webinar, NCFA continues to fulfill its mission of ensuring every child has a loving and supportive family. By participating in NCFA events and accessing their wealth of resources, adoptive families and professionals alike can benefit from the organization’s expertise and dedication to the adoption community.