Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi
I am glad that I came across this forum. I can't have any children of my own anymore, and me and my mate have discussed adoption. My heart, as his is too, desire to adopt a Native American infant/child.
I am Metis and live the Red Path life of that of the American Natives. I do believe strongly in children being able to have access to their culture and history ... always. Unlike I was when growing up .... my own family history lost in the silence of "We don't talk about the native blood in the family." This old schooling of silence/shame/fears left me empty with knowing fully were my true clan is in Quebec.
I know that many Native Children have this taken away from them, and I wish to never be a part of that but to help them discover it and to see the beauty in their own culture.
Sorry... got rambling there but am a very passionate person when it comes to the Native Culture.
I am seeking some help here, as in where do I start with the processes of Adopting a Native child? I am in Ontario, and I've noticed a couple of posting by someone in Ontario, within this thread, that successful adoptive a Native child.
Any help, suggestions, etc that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I really wish to give the love I have and share my home to help a Native child have a good family and home to grow up in and with.