Advertisements
Advertisements
During my reunion, I found out that I am 25% Cherokee Indian. My birthmother is originally from Georgia, and she is half Cherokee. Even though I am only a quarter Cherokee, I am most interested in finding out more about my heritage.
Does anyone know how to contact the Cherokee tribe? Would they provide information to me or let me "join"?
Thank you,
Tina
Advertisements
Go to cherokee.org. It should have the info you need.
The Cherokee tribe registers all quantams of cherokee blood.
Try this site.
Official Site of the Cherokee Nation based in Tahlequah Oklahoma - [url]http://www.cherokee.org/[/url]
I am also 1/4 Cherokee and have done alot of research on how to be registered. You must prove that someone in you family line was also registered with the tribe.
Good luck,
Forgot to say the process of "joining" tribe is not an easy one. You must feel out paper work and then wait and wait. They decide if you are eligible for tribal membership.
My Dh is Cherokee and he is blonde haired and blue eyed too. I thought he was joking when he said he was Indian, but sure enough he has the roll card to show for it..
Advertisements
My puppy is really not a puppy any more, she's more than a year old. She is my baby girl.
And yes my hubby is pretty darn cute if I do say so myself....
Good luck with your tribe work.....
My birth mother's name is Judy Davis. I was told she had two daughters through another man who wasnt my father. One of the daughters was named Trianna or Teanna or something simaliar sounding to your name. Apparantly, I also have aunt named Brenda who is living in Goergia. My mother was one of many siblings, all who went into foster care when their father died. I'v been searching for my sisters for years, but without any names, dates or even the name of my birthmother's parents there isnt alot I can do. Im also about a half cherokee. It would be nice to have a family.
Please reply or contact me
Originally posted by cj416
My Dh is Cherokee and he is blonde haired and blue eyed too. I thought he was joking when he said he was Indian, but sure enough he has the roll card to show for it..
I have heard it said many many times that if you are blonde haired and blue eyed AND Indian, you MUST be Cherokee. I have heard that the Cherokee registration requirements are known to be a bit more lax than some other tribes.
-Scott
What kind of information do they need? I am currently searching and only have my NON ID info stating that my Grandfather was Cherokee. Only have my Bparents last names..
Curious. :D
TIA!
Advertisements
Originally posted by cj416
Names, birth and date of death and a roll number if they had one.
Oh well, guess I'm out until I get more information.
Thanks!! :D
Wish I could be more help, but all I know is when dh filled out the form for his card he had to have both his parents D.O.B. and any grandparents D.O.B. and D.O.D. He happened to have his grandmothers roll number. The less info you have the longer it takes to get info.
Good Luck!
Advertisements
I was adopted and my bmom is 3/4 Cherokee and herself registerd. I ahd to petition the courts to get my orginal birth certificate, adoption papers and a copy of my bmoms CIB card to register in the cherokee nation. You can use the ICWA to open your adoption papers if you are native american because the law protects native american childen and those adopted their rights to tribal membership. (federal law)If you contact the Cherokee nation they will send you the application for enrolment and answer all your questions, good luck.
Little d
Originally posted by Little D
I was adopted and my bmom is 3/4 Cherokee and herself registerd. I ahd to petition the courts to get my orginal birth certificate, adoption papers and a copy of my bmoms CIB card to register in the cherokee nation. You can use the ICWA to open your adoption papers if you are native american because the law protects native american childen and those adopted their rights to tribal membership. (federal law)If you contact the Cherokee nation they will send you the application for enrolment and answer all your questions, good luck.
Little d
Did they help you get your records? I can't find a link for help about this, can you point me in the right direction or should I just send them an email?
I'd appreciate the help!
Thank you! :D