Advertisements
Advertisements
My daughter will be adopting (hopefully) a child from Guatemala this year. The baby will probably be 4-7 months old. I want to give her a shower but the problem is we and the rest of the family live in the Chicago area and she lives in Ft. Myers Florida. Should I give her a shower ahead of time up here in Chicago or wait? The whole logistics of it is a concern. How will she take the gifts home with her, etc. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
I don't really have any advise, but I can share what happened to us.
We live in Nova Scotia and my mum is in Ontario. Our friends had a baby shower for us here, and my mum felt a bit left out that she couldn't be here, or have one for us. Her friends got wind of this and surprise her with a Granny Shower! They invited her over for a night of cards and when she walked in it was all decorated for a baby shower. They played shower games, had a cake etc.... They all bough presents for the baby, but she got to open them all. After they oohed and aahed over the clothes and played with the toys, they wrapped everything up again. Each person put 2-5 dollars (depending on the size of their gift) to pay to mail all the gifts to us.
This is a memory that she will always cherish and it even got it's own page in Liams' scrap/baby book!
Don't worry, you'll work something out.
Advertisements
My MIL wanted to give me a shower also she waited until the baby came home and then she and the family members taped themselves holding the gift they had given to me and each person talked about how happy they were for us and things - then they packed it all up in a box and shipped it UPS to me!! What fun I had openning the gifts while I watched the tape.
HG
I don't know if this will help or not but I live 9-12 hours from most of my family. For my wedding my family wanted to do a wedding shower but since I was so far away they didn't know how to accomplish it. My aunt had an idea she wrote to every one and had them all send cards so that they would arrive about the same day. Every one send cards of congradulation some added a gift or gift card. It was really great. One day I just started recieving cards and kept recieving them for a few days. Maybe you could do something like that for a baby shower. I know it wouldn't exactly be the same but it would be a pleasant supprise. Just a thought.