Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
In my opinion I would not suggest anyone with young children to do foster care. Although my children are not biological they have been with us since birth. We thought we could do fostering to eventually adopt another child. We also thought it would teach our children caring and kindness and how fortunate they are to have what they have.
My soon to be six year old has become obessesed with something happening to myself or my husband. She is constantly needing to know how her and her sister will be fed and taken care of if we are not able to anymore. Both of my kids had a hard time with other kids in their space and playing with their things. We have had young foster kids and infants. It just did not work for us. When I have spoke with other foster parents it seems most of them have grown or much older children or they are strictly taking legally free children to adopt in the future.
We have since stopped taking any placements. My children's well being and peace of mind is of utmost importance to us and we can not justify continue putting them through the foster care system. I wish you the best of luck