Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Dawn,
My daughter looks exactlly like her birthmom. I actually wished for this because I thought her bmom was so beautiful. We once rang into my daughter's teacher in Barnes and Noble (me, my daughter, and her bmom) and the teacher who didn't know my daughter was adopted- said "Wow you must be an aunt or something" my daughter piped up "No thats, N, my birthmother."
Our daughter's birthparents had no support in the adoption, their families were not only not supportive, but threatened to cut off contact if they placed our daughter with us. We and our social workers were their only support for almost a year after adoption. Their families came around then and embraced us and the adoption. But it was really hard that first year, juggling the juxtoposing grief for the birthfamily and joy of being parents. It has gotten easier as time goes by. Plus the birthmom and I are tight, and she continually assures me that she has never regretted it for one second. Our daughter turns 13 this year, so we have some history now. I pmed you some stuff about the day we took our daughter home.
Lisa