Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
While in principle, I suppose you are right Erik, we are allowed to have our day in court as long as we are notified. My father wasnt notified and by the time he had found out to much time had passed, making it impossible to do anything about it.
Now laws have changed to help prevent this from happening but they still do happen. My rights were terminated and my child was adopted without my knowledge. I was not an absent father either. Her mother took her and decided she no longer wanted to share. IҒve done everything I can think of to get my day in court (yes including hiring an attorney). I also understand that under constitutional law I am entitled to due process (I should have been notified). However since I was not notified I am only entitled to one year to defend myself, I found out 2 years after the fact. Remember every state has different interpretations of the law.
I know the initial post is not mine but if you can tell me how a person is guaranteed his day to protest, by all means please let me know. If you know an attorney in Illinois who is willing to push it to the Supreme Court in order to change things please give me his/her number. There are all sorts of people who bend the law and the rules to fit what they want. Not everyone does the right thing.