Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
The state of Florida allows reasonable birth mother expenses during the entire pregnancy. Our agency will only allow them from 20 weeks on except for dire circumstances such as a EM who was 18 weeks pregnant and truly homeless.
I have no problems paying for co-pays, medicine, healthy food to ensure the babies health, maternity clothing within reasonable limits (our agency allows $300 and access to their maternity closet of used clothing in all sizes), some assistance with rent if it will ensure her a safe place to live, and of course any expenses related to the birth, such as missed time at work.
I refuse to pay car payments as our agency will assist them in getting to any doctors, couseling or public assistance appointments they need and the rest of their travel needs are ones they would have to solve if they were pregnant or not. I also refuse to pay cell phone bills.
We were told to expect anywhere from $3,000 to $6,000.
According to our agency, most EMs are either covered under their own or their parent's insurance or will qualify for govt assistance.