Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
forfamilies,
I really resent your comment! I am about to adopt my 2 foster chldren and they WERE NOT stolen from their family. I have had these children for 2 years now and have done EVERYTHING to put them in front of their family so SOMEONE would be interested enough to work to get them back. Instead, they chose their boyfriends, alcohol, everything/anything INSTEAD of these two children.
Over the past 2 years I have sent cards and pictures to their mom and their grandparents. We had grandparent visits in the beginning and THEY chose to not continue. I send Christmas presents too! Their mom stood up at theTPR hearing and stated that she WILL NOT leave her boyfriend, knowing full well that if she said that her rights would be terminated!
My point to all of this is, PLEASE DON'T GENERALIZE!!! Do I agree that SOME workers lie, I'm sure they do! I have not personally had that experience but have heard enough to agree that it probably does happen. Do I think the foster care system needs a drastic overhaul? ABSOLUTELY.
I think it's terrible that the other 2 posters had the experiences they have had! However, I do not and cannot believe that this is the NORM. Might I be mistaken in this belief, ABSOLUTELY. All I can speak of is my experience and that has been the total opposite of the comments you made.
BTW: our workers do NOT get bonus or raises for adopting children.
Michelle