Advertisements
Advertisements
Ok this may be silly to ask, but I read in the bottle posts that most people seem to think that the old fashion gerber is the best bottles. When you are speaking of the old fashion one, are you talking about the bottle that you need to buy the plastic insert for. The tube kind of bottle? Getting ready to buy some for our visit trip.
I think that it may sound that way but I think that people use them because that is what is typically used in Guatemala and the babies sometimes do not like to change to the newer models. I used a Vent-aire (sp?) but my baby came with a regular Gerber bottle with the old fashioned nipples. My baby liked the bottles I brought just fine.
Advertisements
Most of the foster moms use a regular bottle (not the kind with the insert) and they use Gerber latex nipples that are huge. I have not seen these anywhere here and did not see them at the Marriot gift shop. My daughter was actually using a silicone nipple so I stopped looking for the others. Maybe someone else will know where you can get them.
Have a great visit!
Wendi
I don't know that they are best, but what Lauren used (and would ONLY use) were the basic plastic Gerber bottles (no-inserts and come in pack of 3 or 4 in clear or colors) with the plain brown nipples you can buy anywhere. My personal opinion is that I wouldn't buy too many of anything until you know what you baby is using and if they are open to change. :)
I just visited my son and he was used to the cheap Gerber bottles with the tri-flow nipple. The ones in the packages that you buy come with medium flow nipples. They have a bottle, nipple, and cap for each. You can get clear packs of three or packs of six in colors. I tried to switch him when I was there and he refused! Good Luck!
I had thought of taking nipples with different openings and a couple of kinds just to see. I think I will go ahead and get a pack of the gerber bottles to take with us.
Advertisements
We picked Connor up in Feb & his foster mother brought me a bottle and some formula. Oddly enough, it was exactly the same bottles I had brought with me! Gerber, plastic ones!! They're simple & very cheap but they hold up great in the wash and I didn't have to worry about transitioning him from bottles. The nipples were slightly different--actually a little bigger in Guatemala, but absolutely the same bottle. Connor never noticed & never missed a meal!